Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bots on page 240, What are they?
Glayvin34
post Jun 17 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,275

The two on the bottom have JAS on the side. I think one of those two is the Dalmatian, maybe the one on top? And the one at the page top must be the Fly-Spy, it's about the size of a large insect and could be sporting an array of sensors like that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jun 17 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

strictly thinking, i don't think those are core drones =P

the two on the bottom have two different weapons at least (the one below has a minigun on a turret plus some kind of SMG-ish gun built into the nose, the one above has a minigun + missiles/rockets)

however, if i was to guess for those two, i'd say the top one is the lockheed optic-x, the bottom is the dalmation, or maybe a rotodrone with the roto part of that removed... but it certainly looks vectored thrust IMO...

of course, like i said, neither of those suggestions really work out, since they would each require a body of at least 6... so if i didn't have to guess from the options in the book, i'd say they're some other kind of drone.

of course, it's also possible they never told the artist about such petty limitations as one weapon mount per 3 points of body ;)

+Quote Post
Glorian
post Jun 17 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,597

I'm pretty sure neither of the two are Dalmatians. The Dalmatian was pictured in the Rigger Black Book and the same picture was used again for Rigger 3 Revised. Rigger Black Book and Rigger 3 also have pictures of a GM-Nissan Spotter drone. According to the GM-Nissan Spotter entry in Rigger Revised, a Lockheed Optic-X is a similar model. The GM-Nissan Spotter is a fixed-wing medium-size unmanned aerial vehicle. It's neither a vectored-thrust drone nor a rotary-wing drone.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.