IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making character sheets, Any good programs?
Dudukain
post Jun 20 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,690

Yeah, I'm trying to make a character sheet, and tried using Excel, but after what felt like 4 hours of work all I had to show for it was a sheet that DOESN'T FIT ON THE FRIGGIN' PAGE! and doesn't look very cool. So any good stuff?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xenith
post Jun 20 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,361

It depends in what you're going for. If its an autocalc sheet you're going for, Excel is your best bet. If you're going for something that you want to look good, Adobe Professional is nice... but in the end its all in the ..erm... skill(if you would call it that. :grinbig: ) of the user. Its always okay to have multiple pages, and just remember to organize in a way that you feel looks good and limits confusion. You're not going to have flashy graphics or shapes on Excel, but theres always a way to make it look nice. It just tends to be a utilitarian style.

Me... I create the stuff in Word since I know a number of tiny details in that program. Then I use the PDF converter...(btw... the converter can only handle 1 page at a time. Annoying but... hey... you can put it back together with the Distiller.) I then use Adobe Prof to add the forms... I've yet to figure out any sort of Autocalc function with that... let alone put the effort into it. @_@

+Quote Post
Grogs
post Jun 20 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,643

There's a nice excel based character generator in the Community Projects forum (by Wizdoc.) I thought it did a pretty solid job with attributes, skills, and qualities. I found it helped me a lot keeping track of BP. My only real beef with it is it's pretty limited on the amount of gear you can have. I ended up having to make my own excel spreadsheet to keep track of gear.

+Quote Post
Shadowmeet
post Jun 20 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,909

QUOTE (Xenith)
It depends in what you're going for. If its an autocalc sheet you're going for, Excel is your best bet. If you're going for something that you want to look good, Adobe Professional is nice... but in the end its all in the ..erm... skill(if you would call it that. :grinbig: ) of the user. Its always okay to have multiple pages, and just remember to organize in a way that you feel looks good and limits confusion. You're not going to have flashy graphics or shapes on Excel, but theres always a way to make it look nice. It just tends to be a utilitarian style.

Me... I create the stuff in Word since I know a number of tiny details in that program. Then I use the PDF converter...(btw... the converter can only handle 1 page at a time. Annoying but... hey... you can put it back together with the Distiller.) I then use Adobe Prof to add the forms... I've yet to figure out any sort of Autocalc function with that... let alone put the effort into it. @_@

Xenith, if you have Adobe Prof, you can print to PDF from word. No need for a converter, and it gets all the pages.

+Quote Post
Xenith
post Jun 20 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,361

That is the program I refer to. On my comp it takes only 1 page at a time or it simply crashes and burns.

+Quote Post
Shadowmeet
post Jun 20 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,909

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

I thought you were making one page, using a third party converter, and then a third party program to condense. My apologies for not understanding.

+Quote Post
Protagonist
post Jun 20 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,459

Photoshop >_>

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon
post Jun 20 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,754

I made character sheets with Photoshop easily. I made them look exactly like the official ones, but redid the box categories to be more logical and specific to difference types of characters. So I took out spell/spirit boxes for mundanes, increased the size of the cyberware and weapon boxes for cyber sams, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.