Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drakes, Where are they mentioned?
HalloranElder
post Jun 30 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,551

Just going over some stuff for my game (first session was last weekend, and it went well btw) and I'm trying to remember where the Drakes are mentioned.

As far as I remember, they were intially mentioned in Threats 2, and then the followup was in Dragons of the Sixth World. Are they mentioned anywhere else?

Enjoy
Random
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
srdrummer42
post Jun 30 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 8,807

they are touched on in year of the comet and mentioned in the end of the dragon heart trilogy

+Quote Post
HalloranElder
post Jun 30 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #3

Target

QUOTE (srdrummer42)
they are touched on in year of the comet and mentioned in the end of the dragon heart trilogy

I remembered seeing them in Year of the Comet, but when I went and had a look I couldn't find them. Where are they hiding?

Memo to self: Buy the Dragonheart trilogy. Been meaning to do that for a while.

+Quote Post
ToKath
post Jun 30 2006, 06:10 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 187

I'm not 100% positive, as I don't personally own the books yet (they're on order and I'm waiting for them to come in), I recall reading here that the NPC drake rules first showed up in Threats 2, with a follow up PC rules in Dragons of the Sixth World.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jun 30 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #5

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Indeed.

+Quote Post
ClickClash
post Jun 30 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 8,810

While I don't think there's an actual section about drakes, I think they pop up mainly as conspiratorial comments from the peanut gallery in YotC, so finding the mentions is hard to track down.

+Quote Post
HalloranElder
post Jun 30 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Target

QUOTE (ClickClash)
While I don't think there's an actual section about drakes, I think they pop up mainly as conspiratorial comments from the peanut gallery in YotC, so finding the mentions is hard to track down.

Ah, right. That explains why I haven't been able to find their "section" as it were.

Now I'm just going to have to read it all again! :)

+Quote Post
srdrummer42
post Jun 30 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 8,807

im afraid i dont have my copy atm but it brings them up when the conversation turns to the barrier around na nog.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jul 1 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Can I be the guy that asks what "Drakes" actaully are? I've heard mention of them, and I almost don't want to know if it turns out they are basically Dragon style shapeshifters....

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Jul 1 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #10

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

QUOTE (Squinky)
Can I be the guy that asks what "Drakes" actaully are? I've heard mention of them, and I almost don't want to know if it turns out they are basically Dragon style shapeshifters....

Bingo.

Except Drakes seem to be (meta)human first, dragon second.

At least, that's how they awaken. Quite the opposite from normal shifters.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jul 1 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #11

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Long story.

In the Second World dragons GDs had sex with metahumans and recruited the resulting 'Dragonkin' offspring as servants. This turned into a disaster when the Dragonkin decended that they didn't like being servant and turned against their masters.

To replace the Dragonkin some GDs (Ghostwaker among them) devolped a magical ritual to create an artificial life form. These creatures, called Drakes, were created from the blood of GDs and appeared to be small dragons in their true form. They also had shapeshifting abilities similar to those of a GD, allowing them to take the form of any Namegiver race.

At some point, a few GDs (Dunkie among them) had the bright idea to make their drakes have sex with metahumans. The resulting offspring were metahumans who had the ability to change into a form resembling a small dragon. These are Bred Drakes.

All PC drakes in Shadowrun are Bred Drakes. There is only one known True Drake in SR canon (that I am aware of). Bred Drakes aren't nearly as powerful as True Drakes but they don't require blood magic to create. All Bred Drakes are Hunted by all Great Dragons unless the take the GD benefactor edge which is unique to them.

As should be obvious, a character with 'Hunted III: Every Great Dragon in existance' can be a liability

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jul 1 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Wow. Kinda neat, yet kind of cheesy. This was a player character option? Wow.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Jul 1 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #13

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

It is if the GM allows it. Race B or 25BP. Get some hefty bonuses, but also either take Hunted 6 or Dragon Patron (which is a 6 point Edge). Hunted means dragons everywhere (and some non-dragons who know about drakes) are after you. Dragon Patron means you work for a specific Great, and if you don't... Well... I'm sure you can imagine.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jul 1 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #14

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

You will, or... You will not.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.