IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Books of Harrows..., Where are these books from Earthdawn...
GoblynByte
post Aug 3 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,408

I'm not sure how much of the folks here follow the Earthdawn storyline, but I was reading a bit from the first Earthdawn book while at the bookstore, just to get an idea of the pre-history it contains, and learned about the Books of Harrow. My immediate thought was they would make a really cool MacGuffin for a Shadowrun adventure in which one or more of the books are uncovered and become the focus of a fight for control over ancient secrets. My thought would be they would disappear into the bowls of some corporate conspiracy (much like the Ark of the Covenant did at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark) leaving the character fearing who might use them in the future.

So I came home and started reading as much as I could from some web sources given to me (thank you all for the links provided in that previous thread), but I can't seem to find any mention of these books beyond what is presented in the small bit from Earthdawn I was able to read. Even more amazing is that I can continue to write these abnormally large run-on sentences. :D

Anyway, where are these books now (2070)? Anything in the official canon that I seem to be missing? If not no problem. I'll just make it up (might do that anyway), but I thought it would be neat to stay within the confines of the canon storyline (a lie is more convincing when placed between two truths). ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 3 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Ahem. Well, the majority of information on the Books of Harrow (and their translator) is tied up with the history of Thera, and thus scattered references across the basic Earthdawn intro, the Theran Empire sourcebook, the Blood Wood sourcebook, and some scant references in the Dragons pdf.

In the Sixth World, the closest things to the Books of Harrow so far are the Roggoth'shoth and the Book of Gaf.

Presumably, the Atlantean Foundation, the IEs, and any Great Dragon may have copies. Others may reside in ruins around the Mediterranean or beyond.

+Quote Post
GoblynByte
post Aug 3 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Target

QUOTE (Ancient History)
In the Sixth World, the closest things to the Books of Harrow so far are the Roggoth'shoth and the Book of Gaf.

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with these.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 3 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Ancient History's Artifact Index

+Quote Post
GoblynByte
post Aug 3 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Target

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 3 2006, 05:39 PM)
Ancient History's Artifact Index

Hmmm...excellent. Both of those would indeed seem to be possibilities. Especially the Roggoth'shoth which seems to speak of the Horrors (or at least could be talking about the horrors). Thanks!

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Aug 3 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Ahem. Well, the majority of information on the Books of Harrow (and their translator) is tied up with the history of Thera, and thus scattered references across the basic Earthdawn intro, the Theran Empire sourcebook, the Blood Wood sourcebook, and some scant references in the Dragons pdf.

Presumably, the Atlantean Foundation, the IEs, and any Great Dragon may have copies. Others may reside in ruins around the Mediterranean or beyond.

If one were to seriously be interested in copies of these from antiguity start with groups engaged in archaeologic excavations on Crete and Santorini, after that look around the Black Sea. The DIMR and the Atlantean Foundation are good bets.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.