IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Street Magic Errata (sort of), Post your oddities here.
The Jopp
post Aug 15 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 948

It seems that you can take "Latent Awakening" and be a Technomancer at the same time. If you start the game as a technomancer and has Latent Awakening there will be some confusion - and the biggest karma sink in history for SR4.

Probably just an oversight but worth mentioning.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,534

- the indirect combat area spells "have to see the target" issue
- manifesting and planes issue (one way spellcasting, dual naturedness and so forth)
- probably the doubling threshold for possession of objects thing
- clarification that wards in wards are considered "layered wards" and are thus not doable

and my personal oppinion that stun damage spells should have more drain than physical dame spells, not less

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Aug 15 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

QUOTE (Serbitar)
- clarification that wards in wards are considered "layered wards" and are thus not doable

By this do you mean to suggest that there is no such clarification in Street Magic about this? Page 124 says "Wards cannot be layered or overlap in the same area of astral space." I thought that was pretty clear.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Aug 15 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 185

How about one thread for actual errata and the other for FAQuestions?

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Running Target

QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (Serbitar @ Aug 15 2006, 07:06 AM)

By this do you mean to suggest that there is no such clarification in Street Magic about this? Page 124 says "Wards cannot be layered or overlap in the same area of astral space." I thought that was pretty clear.

True, this may not be an objective understanding problem, but just a misreading of mine. Consider it solved.

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Running Target

- Physical Camouflage should be of Type:P not Type:M

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #7

Running Target

- in the german version, spirits on remote tasks count towards the bound spirit limit. in the english version, they do not (which is bad).

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Aug 15 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #8

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

i could have sworn they do. alltho the wording is very vague...

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Aug 15 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

This one is an errata candidate for sure:

Last paragraph on p. 87 talks about a sampling of Unique Enchantements described below. However, the next page begins the section on Magical Compounds, no sampling of Unique Enchantments to be found.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Aug 15 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #10

Runner

QUOTE (Serbitar @ Aug 15 2006, 08:51 PM)
- in the german version, spirits on remote tasks count towards the bound spirit limit. in the english version, they do not (which is bad).

This is not specifically Street Magic errata. SR4 has apparently contradictory text on p. 178 and p.179 which will be clarified in the future FAQ and errata. I believe the likely FAQ answer is that Summoned spirits on remote tasks no longer count towards the limit of Summoned spirits (p.178), but count towards the total Bound spirit limit (p.179).

[edit - Note this does not represent an official answer. Wait for the FAQ for a proper clarification]

QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
Last paragraph on p. 87 talks about a sampling of Unique Enchantements described below. However, the next page begins the section on Magical Compounds, no sampling of Unique Enchantments to be found.

Not exactly. Magical Compounds, True Vessels and Unique Radicals are all forms of Unique Enchantments. A couple of more traditional enchantments were left out for length but we'll probably be putting them up in the future.

+Quote Post
Slithery D
post Aug 15 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,059

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (Serbitar @ Aug 15 2006, 08:51 PM)

This is not specifically Street Magic errata. SR4 has apparently contradictory text on p. 178 and p.179 which will be clarified in the future FAQ and errata. I believe the likely FAQ answer is that Summoned spirits on remote tasks no longer count towards the limit of Summoned spirits (p.178), but count towards the total Bound spirit limit (p.179).

Fantastic, now we just need rules to keep the magical terrorists with force 6 fire spirit summoning focus dedicated to drain resistance from sending out an infinite series of Force 3-4 fire elementals with remote services of "set the entire city on fire" or perhaps more realistically and harder to limit by new rules on service syntax: "kill everyone in that crowd, the one where the other five spirits I summoned before you are still wailing away. Me, I'll just sit here behind my polarized window overlooking the scene and have a beer."

Good times.

:|

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #12

Running Target

- influence needs a text that it can not be resisted every (force) combat turns (otherwise the spell is useless) but only when confronted with the wrongsness (like written in the text)

- stench should be LOS(A) instead of LOS

@ Synner: Sorry, Im gathering all the magic related inconsistencies here. I see no reason why to restrict that to street magic only if the whole field should be covered (as at least it looks like nobody is going to do a "real" errata/faq for the BBB anytime soon).

+Quote Post
Synner
post Aug 15 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #13

Runner

@ Synner: Sorry, Im gathering all the magic related inconsistencies here. I see no reason why to restrict that to street magic only if the whole field should be covered (as at least it looks like nobody is going to do a "real" errata/faq for the BBB anytime soon).

Not sure where you got that idea. I've repeatedly stated an official FAQ is in the works and the official website says as much.

As I've mentioned above, errata is one thing (mistakes that need correcting and fixes that should be introduced in future printings of the rules), FAQ issues are another, since those do not represent tweaks to the actual book.

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 15 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Hm, ok, got the point. Two quick questions:
Where exactly is the offical website saying that much? I couldnt find that in the news.
Is there any way to post issues to be included in this future FAQ?

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 16 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Go to the Shadowrun website (the English one) and click on FAQ at the top.

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Aug 16 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #16

Running Target

You mean the red box? Hasnt this box been there since a couple of month now (almost a year)?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 16 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #17

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Serbitar)
Is there any way to post issues to be included in this future FAQ?

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 16 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #18

Great Dragon

I don't know how long it's there, but it clearly shows that an SR4 FAQ is in the works.

+Quote Post
Elve
post Aug 16 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,071

Page 29: as noted on the Sympathetic Link Modifiers table (p. 2729).
Page 29: by the Symbolic Link Creation table (p. 2729)

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Aug 16 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (James McMurray)
I don't know how long it's there, but it clearly shows that an SR4 FAQ is in the works.

It's been there since the first FAQ update since SR4 was released, so about a year now.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 16 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #21

Great Dragon

There you go then. We've known for over a year that a FAQ is on it's way. :)

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Aug 16 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

Yeah, but that far out, you might as well say that we've know for a year, that barring a catastrophic loss of sales, that SR5 is on its way sooner or later.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 17 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Nope. There's been no official promises of SR5. ;)

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Aug 17 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #24

Decker on the Threshold

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,156

It's inevitable, though, unless Fanpro tanks and FASA, after its disasterous foray into videogaming, decides to discontinue the SR franchise entirely. I doubt *both* of those will happen--at least the first one is fairly unlikely--so it's inevitable. Besides, in about five years or so they'll have to reset the continuity, due to certain very obvious things like Goblinization not happenning on schedule.

In the same way an FAQ is inevitable. I do hope this time it actually is an FAQ instead of a series of unintended semiofficial rules changes. This time around the FAQ writers were actually part of the team that wrote the book, I'm assuming, so it's a lot more likely that they won't contradict themselves, but you never know.

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 17 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,533

Eyeless, they've not reset the continuity despite certain very important events not happening in real life. I honestly doubt they're going to do so just because reality doesn't decide to make some game writers correct and suddenly bring magic into the world.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.