> Black Light Tattoo's!
Abbandon
post Aug 15 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,716

http://blog.wired.com/blacklighttats/index...x.album?i=0&s=0

This article reminds of shadowrun culture for alot of reasons. But most of all because the invention of nano-paste trodes that says club goers usually apply the stuff artistically over there heads. One of the first things i thought of when i read that was getting the nano-paste tattoo'ed into your head.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Aug 15 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

Woooooooo... :love: :love:

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Aug 15 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #3

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

in SR this would be based on subdermal display tech that allow you to change the designs, and turn then on and off at will.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Aug 15 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Nanites.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Aug 16 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

Sweet!

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 16 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,717

I'm surprised this is news. They aren't always so invisible without blacklight. Some of them show raised and slightly discolored skin, iirc. Minor though.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Aug 16 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #7

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

true, very minor compared to a normal tattoo.
the raised skin would be scaring, no?
the article talk about that going away after a year or two.

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Aug 16 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

Yeah the raised skin is scaring. My brother is a tattoo artist and has done UV ink on friends and family. I havent gotten any because picking a tattoo is for life basically. If done right you wont see anything. You may see slight discoloring of the skin, mostly again from scaring. And yes minor scaring will eventually go away. Horrible jailhouse type tattoos are a different story. If the UV ink is just tattooed in like most of those pictures you wont notice the tattoo. But you can mix the UV ink with colored inks and in the UV light youll get a distorted brighter color of that ink. Like basic red becomes a purplish pink glow. Its funny watching him tattooing with straight UV ink. Sitting in the dark except the black light. It looks like a bad sex scene on CSI. Lights on blood all over, lights off looks like the person is covered in other human fluids. :)

EDIT: A lot of tattoo artists dont mess with UV ink. One story is when the ink was first introduced it was thought to be carcinogenic so it was pulled off the market. A couple parlors claimed to have natural UV ink formulas that werent and charged much much more. Some dont do it because its a pain to ink with, like I described above. The UV ink itself is also about 3 times the cost of standard ink. I think I bought him an 8 ounce bottle for $75 (US).

+Quote Post
Chrome Shadow
post Aug 18 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,205

In my opinion, UV inked tattoos are a bad idea for running the shadows...

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Aug 18 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #10

Running Target

With UV googles in teh corporate secuirty book, yeah I would say so also. But then again any tattoo on any exsposed flesh during a run is a bad idea. MCT loves gases and chemicals just for instance. With option the way they are in SR a tattoo might as well say, Hi, my name is Bob, Im a shadowrunner, I live at 123 baker street.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post Aug 20 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #11

Running Target

But think how much fun they'd be at Dante's or a similar night spot...

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Aug 20 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #12

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Hmm. Could the UV tattoos be made in an interference pattern to act as camoflage vs said UV goggles?

Much like you can fool many folks using IR goggles with a black-and-green random pattern camoflage?

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Aug 20 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #13

Running Target

Only if you were standing in a field of purple glowing UV objects and buck ass naked I would suspect. The green pixelated pattern you see in low light goggles is because thats how the lens make every thing look. Im not sure how the UV googles make the world look, Im not sure they even exsist. I would also consider gettign UV paint and painting my camoflague clothes with it before I tattooed my entire body UV camo pattern. Call me silly but I like my ink to have menaings and reasons, hiding in a corporate compound isnt really one of my top prioreties. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.