Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hacking a riggers drone?
cybertrucker
post Aug 16 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,131

So anyway I am a little confused about how to hack a riggers drones, especially one he is currently trying to control. Anyone here know how to handle this because the rules are very very vague. Does ECM and ECCM come into play here?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Aug 16 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

QUOTE (cybertrucker)
So anyway I am a little confused about how to hack a riggers drones, especially one he is currently trying to control. Anyone here know how to handle this because the rules are very very vague. Does ECM and ECCM come into play here?

Hack it just like any other node. ECM and ECCM has to do with jamming a signal. If you wanted to deny the drone you could jam it's signal, or jam the rigger in the same regard.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Aug 16 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Hack it just like any other node.

Alternately, you can intercept the wireless signal between the hacker and his drone, and spoof your own commands to the drone instead. Either way you do it though, the rules are less than clear, so many people have posted house rules and campaign interpertations of how the process is supposed to work.

Bull was soliciting questions for a FAQ that he was going to be developing with input from as many of the original authors as he could get in touch with, and a large percentage of the questions dealt with exactly this topic, so hopefully, sometime in the near future, there may be some answers out there as to how the rules for hacking drones were intended to be used.

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Aug 16 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Hack it just like any other node.

Alternately, you can intercept the wireless signal between the hacker and his drone, and spoof your own commands to the drone instead. Either way you do it though, the rules are less than clear, so many people have posted house rules and campaign interpertations of how the process is supposed to work.

Bull was soliciting questions for a FAQ that he was going to be developing with input from as many of the original authors as he could get in touch with, and a large percentage of the questions dealt with exactly this topic, so hopefully, sometime in the near future, there may be some answers out there as to how the rules for hacking drones were intended to be used.

You can do this with other Matrix systems too (Host->Camera for example) and it all functions the same. All any of us have are the core rules, so if you are looking for more than what's in RAW, you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

+Quote Post
ApexHentz
post Aug 16 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 8,454

I think anyone with Rigger tendancies (like myself) have noticed that the Rigger rules in the core book have a few holes. Holes so big I could remote control a semi-truck through. Well...if the RC rules were clearly explained I could, anyway. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.