Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I love this board, That's it, really
lorechaser
post Aug 22 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,168

I joined up maybe a week ago. And I have to say, you folks are just the bee's vat-grown knees.

Tons of posts, useful information, civil discourse, and willing to work with relative newbies.

I officially name Dumpshock forums, and specifically SR4, Best Forum Ever. ;)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 22 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #2

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

Wow, is he reading the same forums we are? Though it has been pleasently polite here.

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 22 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Hey now.

Don't disillusion me! ;)

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 22 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Yeah, that's my job. :P

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 22 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

Sorry sir, just filling in, in the vain hopes you will take me as your apprentice.

+Quote Post
ZenOgre
post Aug 23 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 8,642

AH, you rock. but yeah, i lurked for quite some time before i got the urge to post, because i was never sure if my question had been asked before so i read on and 9/10 time it had been discussed or resolved to something i and my group had allready agreed to as well, the other times it was just worked out between all partied involved.
So welcome aboard, and hi. lol.

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 23 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Luckily, I have 1. a lot of time on my hands at work to read old threads and 2. No fear of reasking a question. ;)

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Aug 23 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

I, myself, have no fear. :D

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 23 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #9

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

Luckily, I have 1. a lot of time on my hands at work to read old threads and 2. No fear of reasking a question.

Please, feel free to ask any question you want. Some of us may have seen it a million times, but the important thing is that you haven't, and thus, deserve to have your answer.

Searching can help answer a question as well.

I joined up maybe a week ago. And I have to say, you folks are just the bee's vat-grown knees.

Welcome aboard!

Tons of posts

We have lots of posters with no lives, or who are lucky enough to have jobs where they can post from all day ;) I miss those days.

useful information

We try. Speaking of which, I really do need to get cracking on that Hacking FAQ. The HAQ, maybe? ;)

civil discourse

Heh. Stick around a while. Much as I try, with all my jack-booted thug might, it's hard to keep things civil around here sometimes. Still, it's not too bad. A far cry from a few boards I've seen, even on our worst days. (Go read an MMO message board sometime... The COH and WoW boards are torture).

and willing to work with relative newbies.

We love newbies. Sometimes for breakfast, but hey... :)

Seriously, my outlook is this: I'm more than willing to step back and help someone new out to learn the game, whether new to SR in general, or to SR4 specifically (or heck, even new to the Dumpshock forums). It means more players, more SR sales, and more SR sales means more books. So, Yay for newbies :)

Plus, everyone playing Shadowrun, whether 1st, 3rd, or 4th edition, is someone who's either not playing d20, or playing less d20. And since D20 gives you cancer, we love it when people play Shadowrun :)

Enjoy your stay!

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Aug 23 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 8,081

QUOTE (Bull)
The HAQ, maybe? ;)

Like in, Hopefully Answered Questions? :rotate:

+Quote Post
Teux
post Aug 23 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 8,921

Despite the nitpicking arguments and personality clashes, I love this board too.

I've been playing SR on and off since first edition, but I just found these boards on a Google search a few weeks ago when I was looking for information for my new SR4 campaign.

There's a ton of good information here, interesting discussions, and some fun people.

The board is plagued by some of the same problems that visit every internet forum, but I have to say it is a lot less here than some others I have visited.

Thanks to all for making DS a great place to hang out!

+Quote Post
Critias
post Aug 23 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #12

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

*sniff* I love you guys. *sniffle*

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 23 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Running Target

Heh.  Stick around a while.  Much as I try, with all my jack-booted thug might, it's hard to keep things civil around here sometimes.  Still, it's not too bad.  A far cry from a few boards I've seen, even on our worst days.  (Go read an MMO message board sometime...  The COH and WoW boards are torture).

That's my general frame of reference now a days. It's been years since I found a good, useful, helpful forum. Typically I can only read private forums now. The WoW boards actually make me ask myself "Why do I like this game again?" until I actually go play it, and enjoy it....

Heck, my friends and I consider it the ultimate insult to reply to a thread with "Transferred to WoW: General Discussion" ;)

Plus, everyone playing Shadowrun, whether 1st, 3rd, or 4th edition, is someone who's either not playing d20, or playing less d20.  And since D20 gives you cancer, we love it when people play Shadowrun :)

Less d20, at least. Though I freely admit that I have been playing d20 simply as a holdover drug until the SR game started back up again.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Aug 23 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #14

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

QUOTE (Bull)
(Go read an MMO message board sometime... The COH and WoW boards are torture).

I've been playing WoW a lot lately, and from time to time I do have a question I need answered or some news I'm curious about. Message boards has become one of my main ways of getting the latest buzz on things I'm interested in, so I find myself in the official WoW forum sometimes... Now let me try to give justice to just how disturbing the experience is: It is not just a regular, harmless waste of time, because the time you lost in the forum appears to you afterwards as a terrifying loss of something very precious to you. You feel like you've been intellectually raped and plundered of invaluable minutes of your life—and it was never more evident to you just how much more meaningfully that time could have been spent.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 23 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #15

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Critias)

I knew you missed us. :)

+Quote Post
Critias
post Aug 23 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #16

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (Grinder)
I knew you missed us. :)

Nah. I just sort of missed Shadowrun. Don't go gettin' all weepy on me. ;)

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 23 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #17

Running Target

QUOTE (mintcar)
QUOTE (Bull)

I've been playing WoW a lot lately, and from time to time I do have a question I need answered or some news I'm curious about. Message boards has become one of my main ways of getting the latest buzz on things I'm interested in, so I find myself in the official WoW forum sometimes... Now let me try to give justice to just how disturbing the experience is: It is not just a regular, harmless waste of time, because the time you lost in the forum appears to you afterwards as a terrifying loss of something very precious to you. You feel like you've been intellectually raped and plundered of invaluable minutes of your life—and it was never more evident to you just how much more meaningfully that time could have been spent.

Damn straight!

You literally come out feeling bad about yourself.

You wonder why on earth you're playing the same game as these mouth-breathing fools. And you start to feel like maybe you really shouldn't like the same thing they do, because, one day, you might become like them.

And I literally do ask myself "Why do I like this game?" when reading the forums. Because everyone there is apparently 100% miserable spending their time paying to play. It's so very very disheartening.

Then you go play, and spend an hour discussing the finer points of dark beer with your guild while slaughter innocent bad guys in PvP, and you feel a lot better about yourself.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 23 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #18

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Critias)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 23 2006, 09:39 AM)
I knew you missed us.  :)

Nah. I just sort of missed Shadowrun. Don't go gettin' all weepy on me. ;)

*sniff* Yeah, sure. ;)

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Aug 23 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #19

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

QUOTE (lorechaser)
QUOTE (mintcar @ Aug 23 2006, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Bull)

Damn straight!

You literally come out feeling bad about yourself.

You wonder why on earth you're playing the same game as these mouth-breathing fools. And you start to feel like maybe you really shouldn't like the same thing they do, because, one day, you might become like them.

And I literally do ask myself "Why do I like this game?" when reading the forums. Because everyone there is apparently 100% miserable spending their time paying to play. It's so very very disheartening.

Then you go play, and spend an hour discussing the finer points of dark beer with your guild while slaughter innocent bad guys in PvP, and you feel a lot better about yourself.

Hm. This is going to be a post very far off topic, but I just can't help myself; You slaughter bad guys in PVP? Sort of sounds like you're from the wrong side ;) .

But anyway, yeah, Dumpshock forums, what a great place to be.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 23 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #20

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Critias)

I'd just like to thank my Fixer, and my Talismonger and my Johnson.

No wait, that last one sounds rude. :D

Seriously though, there's nothing like a big thread about how great we all are. And the Oscar for Most Gratuitous Use of Anime in a Cyberpunk Game goes to... Emo Samurai. ;)

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 23 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #21

Running Target

QUOTE (mintcar)
Hm. This is going to be a post very far off topic, but I just can't help myself; You slaughter bad guys in PVP? Sort of sounds like you're from the wrong side  ;) .

But anyway, yeah, Dumpshock forums, what a great place to be.

Well, bad guys for me are people with strange, pink or blue skin, overly short statures, and a delusion about the power of their "Alliance"

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Aug 23 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 8,081

QUOTE (lorechaser)
overly short statures

I think I'll send the Campaign for Equal Height your way.

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Aug 23 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Make sure they let me know when they've shown up, so I don't "over-look" them....

+Quote Post
ronin3338
post Aug 24 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,307

I'll add my 2¥ here as well.

I'm fairly new to the boards, but I've found a lot of useful information that will improve my game, answers, questions, and a lot of fun and humor. The occasional snarky comment and chest-beating notwithstanding, this is the best and most useful board I've encountered.

Thank you all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.