Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spell defense and critter powers
Astelaron
post Aug 27 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,183

how do you decide what critter/spirit powers spell defense works on?

I can see spell defense protecting agains flame projection because of the similarity with fire manipulation spells but what about the confusion, fear, engulf, possesion and the mirriad of other critter powers. Would shielding and reflection protect against any of the critter/spirit powers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 27 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Shadow Cartographer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Astelaron)
how do you decide what critter/spirit powers spell defense works on?

I can see spell defense protecting agains flame projection because of the similarity with fire manipulation spells but what about the confusion, fear, engulf, possesion and the mirriad of other critter powers. Would shielding and reflection protect against any of the critter/spirit powers?

I don't actually allow it on any Critter power normally. I'm SR4, so I don't know about previous editions but in the latest edition at least, the RAW are in agreement.

I may not even let counterspelling against the Innate Spell power depending on choice of spell, GM mood, etc. I view counterspelling as an active arcane effort against another caster, a sort of duel if you like. So I don't see it being helpful when a hell hound breathes flame on you (flame projection).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:06 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.