Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannon Companion Combat Rules
Strobe
post Aug 18 2003, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,687

Do the CC combat rules work well? Can I have peoples opinions on them?

I don't own CC but am interested in how the melee combat rules differ from the norm.

-Strobe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Aug 18 2003, 02:11 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

The CC rules certainly make unarmed combat more varied. Non-troll, non-polearm wielding hand to hand characters definitely find use in close combat, and the other maneuvers aren't half bad, either. It's not quite up to the CP 2020 martial arts detail (which bordered on over complication, in any case), but it's nicer than having one skill that covers everything. There are also rules for dual weapon fighting and ways to offset the penalities.

The rules for ranged combat are good, too, particularly searching and suppressive fire.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 18 2003, 02:19 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

The gun-building rules are a nice touch, and the martial arts are a step up in my book. I still prefer the Fields of Fire ambidexterity rules, though.

+Quote Post
Switchblade
post Aug 18 2003, 02:19 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 2,315

They also improved upon cover modifiers, made some good firearm creation rules and made a full, comprehensive list of all the skills.

+Quote Post
Strobe
post Aug 18 2003, 03:46 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,687

I'm mostly interesting in the expanded melee rules and martial arts. I guess I'll put it on my shopping list. Just before food.

-Strobe

+Quote Post
Reth
post Aug 18 2003, 11:58 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 5,347

Actually there are more than combat rules in CC, for some reason this is also where you find expanded rules for simsense and diving. All in all though i consider both the expanded ranged combat, martial arts and melle rules indispensable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.