IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for a 2nd edition book, I need it to upgrade a character.
Darkclaw
post Aug 31 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 704

Hi guys, it's been a while a long while. I still remember when I asked about alcohol, and you guys wee nice enough to give me a ton of infomation. So I need your help once again. I'l be back ater with another post about this subject, but I have to leave for work so I better make this quick. Many years ago I owned a book that was an add-on to the second edition I believe it was called Archetypes. It had new archetypes and contacts (like the terrorist). But I donated it (along with my second edition) to to a high school library. Trying to get others to try Shadowrun was the point, but now I'm sort of regretting it. So my point is does anyone know where to find it or has a copy they'd be wiling to give up. There's a character I'm working on I need it to see if one of the archetypes will fit. Also, how do you convert it to the third edition which my GM is using? Thanks alot guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Aug 31 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

Donating RP books? That's cool of you. I wish my high school library had had RP books. Oh well. Wish I could help you.

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Aug 31 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #3

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

I believe the 2nd edition GM screen came with contacts and archetypes booklet?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 31 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Definately sounds like the Contacts booklet included with the 2nd Edition GM screen, as DireRadiant said. Other sourcebooks included contacts and archetypes, but only contacts was devoted solely to it.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Aug 31 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

I happen to have a copy within arm's reach. Ain't gonna sell it though. (One day my kids are gonna get a laugh out of looking through this stuff.)

If you need some specific info, or there's another way I can help, PM me.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 31 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #6

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Contacts on Ebay for $1.99

+Quote Post
Dog
post Aug 31 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

One man's treasure....

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 31 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #8

ghostrider

Yup. I've had my copy for a few years now. But then, I'm a completist freak, so...

+Quote Post
Catsnightmare
post Sep 1 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Whizbang)
Donating RP books? That's cool of you. I wish my high school library had had RP books. Oh well. Wish I could help you.

I was lucky the city public library where I used to live had 1st and 2nd editon AD&D books you could check out.

+Quote Post
Darkclaw
post Sep 1 2006, 03:14 AM
Post #10

Target

QUOTE (Whizbang @ Aug 31 2006, 02:19 PM)
Donating RP books?  That's cool of you.  I wish my high school library had had RP books.  Oh well.  Wish I could help you.

Donating RP books?  That's cool of you.  I wish my high school library had had RP books.  Oh well.  Wish I could help you.

Well I was working at a school library for a short time (volunteer unfortunately) but I noticed there wasn't an RPG section, so I started off with an AD&D Boxset, Shadowrun and TMNT (don't ask). After going through high school, I decided it was my way of liberating others from the cruel fate of our education system and get them ready for the future battes ahead in our society. And what better way then have them run around furute Seattle as an orc??? :D

I happen to have a copy within arm's reach.  Ain't gonna sell it though.  (One day my kids are gonna get a laugh out of looking through this stuff.)

If you need some specific info, or there's another way I can help, PM me.

Now why, would they laugh. Oh wait. Thank you, I'll take you up on that offer. especially if...

Contacts on Ebay for $1.99

Thank you. I've contacted them (sorry dog) and should I wait untill I get a reply or send the money order telling them I was the one whose buying the guide from them on Ebay? This is the first time using it, really.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. :)

EDIT: Okay, I need to know what sourcebooks do you recommend for a future NA player. The Native American Nations Volume One and Two of course. But what about magic, totems, and military (concerning the uprising of SAIM and later, NAN).

This post has been edited by Darkclaw: Sep 1 2006, 03:24 AM

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 1 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #11

ghostrider

The librarians I've spoken to in the past say that they don't keep RPG books on hand because people just steal them.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Sep 1 2006, 04:31 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Shadows of North America (10655) may prove useful.

And... you need never apologize for saving me work.

+Quote Post
Darkclaw
post Sep 1 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #13

Target

QUOTE (eidolon @ Sep 1 2006, 04:04 AM)
The librarians I've spoken to in the past say that they don't keep RPG books on hand because people just steal them.

Hmm, true. That's why libraries needs more troll bouncers. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion Dog! :)

This post has been edited by Darkclaw: Sep 1 2006, 05:14 AM

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 1 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #14

ghostrider

As to your Ebay question, they should send an invoice to your registration email shortly. Either that, or you can sign in, view your "My Ebay" page, and you have several options from there, including "request total from seller".

+Quote Post
Darkclaw
post Sep 25 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #15

Target

I found a copy, it was believe it not, at my game store. :)

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Sep 25 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #16

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

To answer your second question, the conversion from 2nd edition to 3rd edition is fairly trivial. The only thing that comes to mind is a few pieces of ware were tweaked and the rules apply differently to the same characters (initiative rules, no grounding, etc.) That's assuming you're using a premade character. If you're using a new character, the character generation rules have shifted a bit (the big ones being that race is no longer priority A).

Oh yeah! And firearms has broken down into pistols, shotguns, rifles, assault rifles and SMGs, and all the etiquette skills have simply become 'etiquette'.

I would probably upgrade all the smartlinks to smartlink 2's and generally add a few notches to their relevant skills to make up for antiquated equipment. Gloss over the details of the gear as much as you can.

Hrmm... Oh, knowledge skills are now 'free', so characters should have more background skills than is listed in the book. You can decide where to put those. I guess that's about it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.