Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ally spirit skills, conflict on counterspelling entries
Mikado
post Sep 2 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,286

Hi, new member to the forums but I have been reading many of the posts.

I have a question regarding ally spirits. Though I have a long winded explanation before gettng to it. Sorry...

Pg. 104 SM: under step 4 for creating an ally spirit the spirit would need Magical Guard power to get counterspelling.
Under step 3 for creating an ally you can only give an ally powers from spirits of your tradition have.
Magical Guard (being a new power...) is not available to Core hermetics or shamans so they cannot create an ally with counterspelling.

However, on page 105, under the Magic Skill Use paragraph all allies have the Magician quality and that you can design an ally with ANY magical skill known by the summoner. Where it goes in to state counterspelling as an available choice.

My question is: which paragraph is correct?

They could both be correct in that even with the magician quality you still need to give an ally Magical Guard but figured I would ask just to be safe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Sep 2 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 8,856

They can both be correct. You'll notice that Magical Guard allows a spirit to use the counterspelling skill. And a spirit can have the counterspelling skill and not be able to use it. Take the Soldier Spirits Insect tradition for example. All soldier spirits get Counterspelling skill. But you have to give them the Magical Guard power as an optional power if you want them to be able to use it.

+Quote Post
Slithery D
post Sep 2 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,059

What he said. There's no conflict, it's just that Magical Guard was a bad example and superfluous because an ally can use counterspelling without Magical Guard due to having the Magician quality.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.