> Hello, New old guy
Prime Mover
post Sep 5 2006, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Ello all new to boards here. Been playing SR since day 1st edition showed up on

shelves of my game store. Its one of only 3 games I still run out of the dozens of rpg's

I've had the chance to play or run.

After some time away from game I came across 4th edition, so far so good. Got

some old players and some new players and everyones haveing a blast.

Thought toss up few questions on boards.

1. "Spirit Combat" in 4th edition, first paragraph is taken almost word for word from 3rd

edition but seems to stop short of giveing pc's chance to avoid spirits immunity by using

willpower to strike in (melee only) combat? Cleared up in "Street Magic" maybe?

2. Other races, ok read all novels...all but few of fasa produced books. Race's of the

sitxth world seem to be from the 'Earthdawn" setting but are lacking a few.

Now Windlings appear in creatures of Europe and Obsidian men are hinted at in an

early novel as being present in court of Irish elves. But unless you count "Surge"

scales or a latin america sourcebook (as hinted in past) will reaveal somthing never

seen mention of T'skrang in SR product?

Theories heard so far.

a. Other races will come into there own during another time in mana cycle. ( wouldnt

this have been affected like horrors and there "bridge"?)

b. VITAS plauges wiped out these other expressions of UGE before it could express

itself.

Thanks for listening to my rambling (sorry if any spelling off, early in morning and

too lazy to wander back up stairs to drag out books hehehe :spin: )

Prime

P.S.

Anyone know whatever happened to Awol (pusblishers of KAGE) or there following

incarnation (Knight publishing) that went on to produce Shadowland magazine?

I have all issues of both shadowrun fanzines from 0 on and always thought about

scanning material for grins but never been able to track down folks responsible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Sep 5 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 8,314

QUOTE (Prime Mover)
1. "Spirit Combat" in 4th edition, first paragraph is taken almost word for word from 3rd edition but seems to stop short of giveing pc's chance to avoid spirits immunity by using willpower to strike in (melee only) combat? Cleared up in "Street Magic" maybe?

Yes. Street Magic, p. 94.

Don't know what FanPro is doing about EarthDawn; I don't know if they even licensed it.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Sep 5 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

As far as I know Liveing Room Games still has control of Earthdawn property?

http://www.lrgames.com/

Guess always just curious as to why fasa stopped short of utilizeing other races, obviously some of SR lore actually came before release of Earthdawn, which was later revealed to be SR's Past magic cycle.

And thanks for heads up on Street Magic info, read table of contents and seems like they've got everything I could have hoped for covered so far...be picking it up next week.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Sep 5 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,813

my understanding is that the 6th world has yet to develop high enough mana levels for obsidimen.

and also that windlings are not fully there yet (do they have the sentience power? i seem to recall that they didn't generally, though i suppose some of them may have it).

not sure about T'skrang, though...

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Sep 5 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

Living Room Games has licensing for Earthdawn 2nd Edition and are continuing to produce books under their storyline and slightly modified ruleset. Red Brick Publishing produces what it calls Earthdawn Classic which is a modified version of 1st Edition. However, from what I've heard it's different enough that you could call it a new edition. They have the licensing to use all of the old FASA stuff as far as I can tell but they are VERY slow at putting stuff out and I'm not even sure that RB plans on releasing hard copies of their books.

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Sep 5 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (Aaron)
Don't know what FanPro is doing about EarthDawn; I don't know if they even licensed it.

In Germany, EarthDawn is published by Games-In though I've no idea on which English version of EarthDawn ("classic" or "new") their translation is based.

+Quote Post
PenAgain
post Sep 5 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 3,684

Re: EarthDawn

Redbrick has already produced hardcopies of three books actually, the Player's Compendium (hard and softback), the Gamemaster's Compendium (again, hard and softback), and an adventure (Ardanyan's Revenge).

They started off slowly, but have really ramped things up this year. For more...

Redbrick's EarthDawn
Buy their books HERE!

And LRG's EarthDawn Second Ed is still out there, but they have dramatically reduced their output due to the economy... hasn't been a new book (other than reprinting their cores) in a long time. They are not giving up though... the best way to keep up with them is at their forum's new President's Corner type place...

LRGames Home

*phew*

For anyone who cares, the RedBrick ED stuff has done a LOT of work towards integrating SR and ED mechanics on things like Spirits... if you were ever interested in ED before but never got in on it, the new RB stuff is a fantatsic starting point. The Compendiums are massive and well worth every penny, IMO.

--PenAgain
Wants everyone to buy a copy of the Name-Giver's Compendium. *Cuz he wrote some stuff in it and he's all about self-promotion*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.