IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evanescence and PC's?, It works in the Hive, but how?
emo samurai
post Sep 18 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,019

What does it do to players? If it affects people the way it does shedim and invae, then that means that if you go back to the home metaplane, you aren't affected anymore, right? And does it mean an essence reduction or something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Sep 18 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,168

Typically, it saves them from the nothing they've become, and wakes them up inside....

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Sep 19 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Bwhahahahaha!!

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Sep 19 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

FUCK YOU :D

But seriously. Clarifications from the freelancers, please?

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Sep 19 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (emo samurai)
What does it do to players? If it affects people the way it does shedim and invae, then that means that if you go back to the home metaplane, you aren't affected anymore, right? And does it mean an essence reduction or something?

I don't have a copy of Street Magic in front of me, but I believe I described the effect in the section about the Deep Metaplanes. It basically limits the amount of time you can spend in the Deep Metaplanes before your astral form falls apart.

Returning back to your home plane (or even a normal metaplane) will end the effect, since metahuman astral forms can sustain themselves just fine in those parts of astral space.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Sep 19 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

QUOTE (lorechaser)
Typically, it saves them from the nothing they've become, and wakes them up inside....

God damnit I wish they had gone with a different namje, I told them this would happen. That word isn't even otherwise in the vocabularly f most English speakers. Technically it means the bubbly quality of champagne, but the only reason you'd ever decide to use that word is if you were ESL and thumbing through a thesarus. I lobied for "Instability" but no. Fuckers.

Anyway...

What does it do to players?

As written, nothing.

Magicians who go to the deep metaplanes lose 1 Magic temporarily for every hour they spend there. Your magic returns at the rate of 1 per hour you spend back on Earth, and if it drops to zero you are dumped back into your body (presumably you are disrupted, but it doesn't actually say that. (p. 130) Thisis described as being "like" Evanescence, but it isn't actually Evanescence, it's just something that happens.

The Evanescence (shudder), power doesn't do anything to you unless you're a spirit, and it doesn't do anything to you once you've inhabited a body. Presumably that means begun inhabitting a body, because otherwise every spirit would lose double its Force (and thus die) while trying to inhabit a body. Furthermore, True Form Spirits are exempt from Evanescence even though it doesn't say they are.

That section is a mess, and even though it's not my fault, I apologize anyway.

-Frank

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Sep 19 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 9,168

Frank: To soothe you slightly, I do know the meaning of the word evanescence. I actually used it from time to time before the group became popular.

But I'm just an ass, so I couldn't resist answering like that. ;)

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Sep 19 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #8

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

It tickles my nose.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.