IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which skills do I use to train / handle an animal?
Xenefungus
post Oct 1 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,032

The Animal Empathy adept power lead me to the question which skill is enhanced through it? I personally could imagine both Leadership and/or Instruction but I'm just not sure about it.
Other opinions / an official call I missed?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Oct 1 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #2

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

There have been references to Paranormal animal handlers and trainers for the last several editions, to my knowledge there has never been an actual skill to use.

The mechanics I used in SR3 were to create an Animal Training skill with specializations per critter. Base time for training a given trick was 1 month divided by successes. I set the threshold fairly ad hoc depending on the difficulty of the trick and relationship to the animal's instinctive response.

Teaching a hellhound to breathe fire on command is simpler than teaching it to play dead for example.

+Quote Post
WhiskeyMac
post Oct 2 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,789

I did roughly the same and had the player create a new skill called: Animal Handling. If he wanted to breed the animals then he also needed: Animal Husbandry. He would roll his Animal Handling skill anytime he wanted the critter to do something that was against it's nature, even if it was trained.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.