Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Release Dates
Prime Mover
post Oct 8 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

I see in sr3-sr4 conversion guide list of future releases. Augmentation,Arsenal,unwired and players companion. Surfing forums I see Emergence (setting book with technomancer info?) and corp zones. Am I not seeing complete list somewere or just isnt one.

Looking for complete list upcoming products and/or release dates or pretty much open ended?

(thanks ahaed of time if anyone can help)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 8 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 185

This has come up several times. The current release schedule has no definitive dates but the books will be coming out in approximately the following order:

Emergence [on final approach] - setting/campaign book set following the turmoil in 2070.
Arsenal [on final approach]- advanced rulebook for guns, vehicles, tech and gear of all sorts.
Augmented - advanced rulebook for all types of cyber, bio, nano, genetech and a few surprises.
Corp Enclaves- second core location book focusing on Tokyo and LA.
Unwired - advanced rulebook for the Matrix, hackers, riggers, technomancers and a few surprises.

Further down the line:
Feral Cities - core location book focusing on, well, cities gone feral.
Running Wild - Critters, pets, and paranormal guard animals.
Awakened Haunts - core location book focusing on Awakened sprawls and sites.
Runner's Companion - Player's companion, think MrJLBB meets SRCompanion meets Sprawl Survival Guide.
Corporate Guide 2070 - Corporate Download 2.0

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Oct 8 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Corporate Guide 2070 - Corporate Download 2.0 nice this should be cool now they just need to update the Shadow Beat book.

+Quote Post
fool
post Oct 8 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

fuck yeahx2

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Oct 8 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

I'm about the only person who liked Shadowbeat. I thought it offered a lot of very interesting angles for campaigns and PCs.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Oct 8 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

Thanks much, now can spend too much time looking foward to the releases. lol

Been playing since version one and 4th edition has really reinvigorated my grp for the setting, we've put all our other games on hold, back to running the shadows. Cant wait to expand the 4th edition goodness. (tired of converting a half dozen sources on the fly)

+Quote Post
Tekumel
post Oct 8 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,581

QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 8 2006, 12:06 PM)
Emergence [on final approach] - setting/campaign book set following the turmoil in 2070.
Arsenal [on final approach]- advanced rulebook for guns, vehicles, tech and gear of all sorts.
Augmented - advanced rulebook for all types of cyber, bio, nano, genetech and a few surprises.
Corp Enclaves- second core location book focusing on Tokyo and LA.
Unwired - advanced rulebook for the Matrix, hackers, riggers, technomancers and a few surprises.

Does anybody else see the illogic in the ordering of these two? I mean, if you're going to write a major book focusing around TMs...shouldn't they be given all of the resources of Unwired?

+Quote Post
BlueRondo
post Oct 8 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,286

The first book acts as a teaser.

+Quote Post
Tekumel
post Oct 8 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 8,581

Uh...I dunno if you've read the Matrix section of the SR4 core book, but...they've already got the perfect teaser.

I mean, it's got just enough of a taste to give you an idea of what's going on, but still leaves you waiting in anticipation for the REAL Matrix rules to come out.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 8 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Tekumel)

Does anybody else see the illogic in the ordering of these two? I mean, if you're going to write a major book focusing around TMs...shouldn't they be given all of the resources of Unwired?

There are very good reasons for the books being published in this order and they will become apparent once Emergence is out. Some of the surprises that we've reserved for the Emergence campaign would have been blown out of the water if we introduced them in a dry rules context first.

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Oct 8 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

The order was based on the amount of data that changed, importance, etc. Including tweaking rules/ratings to make things equal. You dont want one uber-class and the rest all 3rd-rate. The guys are busting humps for the new books.

I can not wait til they come out either. My mouth is watering waiting for arsenal.

dog

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 8 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (dog_xinu)
The guys are busting humps for the new books.

Guys and gals.

+Quote Post
Slithery D
post Oct 8 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,059

Can you put cooties in a DMSO shot?

+Quote Post
Cognitive Resona...
post Oct 8 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 9,113

QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (Tekumel @ Oct 8 2006, 09:03 PM)

There are very good reasons for the books being published in this order and they will become apparent once Emergence is out. Some of the surprises that we've reserved for the Emergence campaign would have been blown out of the water if we introduced them in a dry rules context first.

Please don't make the magical. I love technomancers, please don't make them magical.

::CogRes begs for his namesake's mundane-ocitiy::

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 8 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

No, it requires aura-to-aura contact.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Oct 8 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #16

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Don't worry, they won't make them magical. I believe it's been said several times by many different authors that technomancy (despite the name) is not magic.

+Quote Post
Cognitive Resona...
post Oct 8 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 9,113

QUOTE (James McMurray)
Don't worry, they won't make them magical. I believe it's been said several times by many different authors that technomancy (despite the name) is not magic.

Phew, I hadn't seen one of those.

Thanks for the re-assurance.

+Quote Post
TheRedRightHand
post Oct 8 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,412

QUOTE (James McMurray)

Really? I kind of figured that's the way they were going with it. Not that I mind either way it turns out, but if they are not magical, then why does their power decrease with their essence rating? If magic is not involved then it really shouldn't matter. Also why can't you be awakened and a technomancer? From a rules point of view I can see them not wanting to allow any character to get to powerful and unbalanced, but from a setting point of view why would this be impossible unless Technomancers were magical already?

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Oct 8 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #19

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Not that I mind either way it turns out, but if they are not magical, then why does their power decrease with their essence rating? If magic is not involved then it really shouldn't matter. Also why can't you be awakened and a technomancer?

From a rules point of view I can see them not wanting to allow any character to get to powerful and unbalanced

You answered your own question. The flavor text of it will hopefully be in Emergence, but the real reason is game balance.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 8 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #20

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

game balance? are you crazy?

you mean, "they didn't want someone to condemn anyone's character to either an existence of suckitude beyond all comprehension, or to sudden painful death from getting up off of their couch"?

because i assure you, there is absolutely nothing powerful about a techno/magician build until you start tossing around phrases such as 'thousands of karma' or 'massive house rules'.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 8 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #21

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

thats until we see what unwired have in its back pocket.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Oct 9 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #22

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

Could we maybe get one of the admins to start a new thread with the release schedule information in it and then sticky it so people don't keep asking?

+Quote Post
Mistwalker
post Oct 9 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,304

To tell the truth, I was rather surprised that there wasn't a sticky with the upcoming products, and guesstimates on the release dates already up.

+Quote Post
TheRedRightHand
post Oct 9 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,412

Well a couple of weeks ago they said that the offical shadowrun site was going to be posting a release schedule on thier site. So maybe they were going to wait for that to go up (but of course it never happened).

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 9 2006, 03:30 AM
Post #25

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Swamped with BattleTech, and I have visitors this weekend. I've blocked off some time for getting new release info up on srrpg.com this upcoming week.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.