Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aid sorcery question.
emo samurai
post Oct 11 2006, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,019

Where do the spirits have to be in order to help you with sorcery? Do their auras have to be on top of yours, or can they be anywhere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slithery D
post Oct 11 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,059

Not specified, but at least LOS. I think it best to require it be adjacent and touching you, like a focus.

+Quote Post
fool
post Oct 11 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

same plane too

+Quote Post
Eryk the Red
post Oct 11 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,301

I wouldn't be too picky about it, personally. I'd say the spirit shouldn't be separated from you by a mana barrier, but that's pretty much it. I'd allow for some variety in this. Some mages might sort of "channel" the spirit, causing it to manifest like a shamanic mask on him. For others, the spirit might become part of the spell (like a fire spirit traveling with the fireball). For others, the spirit might appear to be performing a ritual of some kind.

This is the sort of thing I wouldn't want to legislate too strictly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.