IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updated Old Sourcebooks, (It's a question, don't get all hopeful)
knasser
post Oct 15 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Shadow Cartographer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,636

I noticed on the Shadowrunrpg site, that Shadows Over Asia is up for its second printing. Two questions - firstly, does this mean that it's going to be updated in any way, e.g. SR4 references / conversions. Secondly, as I was about to buy some of the old Shadows Over... sourcebooks should I wait until they are also reprinted...

Ooops - three questions: Do both of the above apply to PDF's as well as hard copy?

Thanks for any info!

-K.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 15 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Shadows of Asia is just a reprint, no changes. If any other books in the Shadows of series are reprinted, the situation is likely the same -- just a plain reprint. So, go ahead and buy the ones you want, as there's no reason to wait for the reprint.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Oct 15 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

It's my understanding that the last few setting/fluff books of third edition were written deliberately rules-lite, because they knew the new edition was in the pipeline. So other than the information being a few years stale as of 2070, those setting/fluff books should be plenty usable for SR4, even without an update.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Oct 15 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #4

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Oct 15 2006, 04:28 AM)
It's my understanding that the last few setting/fluff books of third edition were written deliberately rules-lite, because they knew the new edition was in the pipeline. So other than the information being a few years stale as of 2070, those setting/fluff books should be plenty usable for SR4, even without an update.

Well that's very good news. I'll buy the SoE one to start with, then. In fact, I'll get the PDF this morning.

Thanks to both of you for replying - very helpful. :)

EDIT: Noooooooooooo! SoE hasn't been released as PDF! I have to get SoNA, instead. :_(

EDIT EDIT: Ooooh! Emergence cover art!

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Oct 15 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Is that the final cover or a mock one for the distributors?

+Quote Post
knasser
post Oct 15 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #6

Shadow Cartographer

QUOTE (JongWK)
Is that the final cover or a mock one for the distributors?

Is that directed at me? I would guess this close to the release date, it's the real thing. We've already had a mock-up (ugly bald guy, iirc). I guess you'll find out in a couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 15 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Final art, not final cover.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.