Reply to this topicStart new topic
> reaction and piloting
fool
post Oct 15 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,316

what reaction enhancements do you allow for piloting tests when in full vr? DO you allow wired ref. & reaction enhancers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Oct 15 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 8,445

Just your base natural reaction. Your wired reflexes and whatnot dont affect the virtual world of the Matrix.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 15 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

you sure about that? AFAICT, the default is that they do (though it certainly makes a great deal of sense to change things around so that the only thing that matters is mental attributes, the official rules state that your physical attributes govern your ability to rig vehicles.)

no distinction is made, to my knowledge, restricting physical attributes to natural when doing so.

+Quote Post
Garrowolf
post Oct 16 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,517

I always disliked using reaction with driving or piloting. I always thought of it being more of a function of timing and judging distances and speeds. Think about the idea that driving a sub is based on how fast you can jerk your hands. I can see it more in fighters and sports cars and motorcycles but not for hot air ballons. Maybe for reacting to an accident in some cases but no matter your reaction time a sub and a hot air ballon aren't going to react very fast.

I mean I do see the problem with very low reactions but not the point of very high reactions.
I'm not sure what I would use in it's place or if I would spread it around several atributes.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Oct 16 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #5

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

IŽd also change the used attribute on some vehicle skills.

Lukily thats on the power list of an GM :D

The player of my rigger wonŽt protest using logic for his suborbital skill. If that ever happens.

+Quote Post
De Badd Ass
post Oct 16 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,474

QUOTE (Garrowolf @ Oct 16 2006, 02:47 AM)
I always disliked using reaction with driving or piloting. I always thought of it being more of a function of timing and judging distances and speeds.

It's not a question of what attribute do you use to pilot a vehicle; it's about what do you use in a vehicle test. For instance, what do you use when chasing someone, like in a dogfight?

Hmmm... hot air balloon dogfighting. Don't think that will ever become an eXtreme sport.

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Oct 16 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

I use:

Physical piloting: Physical Reaction + piloting skill
Rigging piloting: Matrix Reaction + piloting skill
AR/VR non-rigged remote piloting: (Lower of Command or matrix reaction)+piloting skill

+Quote Post
Serbitar
post Oct 16 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 7,534

I recommend to use intuition, instead of agility and reaction in full vr.

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Oct 16 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

Our group kept reaction for riggers since it's not completely a physical skill, it's as much mental as physical. To us it seemed that reaction was as much quick muscle as it was quick thinking.

We did do away with agility, and replace it with logic for riggers as per physical stats of astrally projecting characters.

edit:
Though for better uniformity, I could easily see replacing reaction with intuition for full VR riggers.

+Quote Post
De Badd Ass
post Oct 17 2006, 04:09 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,474

QUOTE (Lagomorph)
Our group kept reaction for riggers since it's not completely a physical skill, it's as much mental as physical. To us it seemed that reaction was as much quick muscle as it was quick thinking.

We did do away with agility, and replace it with logic for riggers as per physical stats of astrally projecting characters.

edit:
Though for better uniformity, I could easily see replacing reaction with intuition for full VR riggers.

I thought the whole point behind the vehicle control rig is to make drone piloting reaction based. Otherwise, just use a commlink and issue logical commands from the captains chair.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.