Reply to this topicStart new topic
> calculating modified Armor Value
zero skill LPB
post Oct 25 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,171

I know they add dice to the damage resistance pool, but do things like the Armor spell, Dermal Plating or Orthoskin add to the modified Armor Value for the purpose of determining whether incoming damage does Physical or Stun damage?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cold-Dragon
post Oct 25 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,780

The armor spell says specifically that it adds ballistic and impact armor (cumulative to what is already worn) so in its case I would say yes.

Dermal plating has a similar definition, though it says it adds a bonus to ballistic and impact armor. Since it doesn't mention dmg tests, I would say it also counts.

Orthoskin is the bioware equivalent of dermal plating, and also states it adds to the ballistic and armor, so also yes.

And really, it makes sense to me, tough skin will make the difference in a bruise after all - it's cushion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:10 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.