IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celedyr's role in NeoNet, Is he still puling the strings?
Vhyserad
post Oct 30 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,534

In DotSW, Celedyr had regained control of Transys Neuronet and was driving its development of Wireless Matrix tech in conjunction with Erika.

Then in System Shock he has apparently been "outmanoeuvered" by Anders Malmstein, the CEO of Erika and (presumably) new Chairman of NeoNet, during the Transys-Erika merge.

Huh?

Is Celedyr deliberately pulling back from an active role in NeoNet's management, maybe to concentrate more on his research or minimize potential conflicts with Lofwyr, or both? Or is it really possible, after the whole thing with HKB, that he would have allowed a mortal to put one over on him again?

Richard Villiers and Celedyr don't seem like a match made in heaven either way...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 30 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

Celedyr regained control of Transys, but HKB retained a non-controlling interest in the corp (one of the reasons Celedyr continued to wage a feud against them). In 2063-64 Erika and Transys began collaborating on development of the WMI protocols. This laid the groundwork for a later merger to face the boom of the post-Crash Matrix reconstruction. During that merger Malmstein (largest Erika shareholder) gained the upper hand on the board ("outmaneuvering" Celedyr) and took the CEO spot. Shortly thereafter he began negotiations to merge with NeoNET, a move Celedyr probably didn't agree with. How all that happened has yet to be fully explained, but I think it's safe to say that HKB and possibly Villiers had a hand in it.

Celedyr is currently Director of R&D at NeoNET.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Oct 30 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,422

Celedyr also is probably going for the matrix prise dunkie left in the will. If you remember Elioham was hooked up to the matrix during the crash, something that goes along with his agenda of developing communication.

+Quote Post
Vhyserad
post Oct 30 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 9,534

QUOTE (Synner)
Celedyr regained control of Transys, but HKB retained a non-controlling interest in the corp (one of the reasons Celedyr continued to wage a feud against them). In 2063-64 Erika and Transys began collaborating on development of the WMI protocols. This laid the groundwork for a later merger to face the boom of the post-Crash Matrix reconstruction. During that merger Malmstein (largest Erika shareholder) gained the upper hand on the board ("outmaneuvering" Celedyr) and took the CEO spot. Shortly thereafter he began negotiations to merge with NeoNET, a move Celedyr probably didn't agree with. How all that happened has yet to be fully explained, but I think it's safe to say that HKB and possibly Villiers had a hand in it.

Celedyr is currently Director of R&D at NeoNET.

Interesting... very interesting.

After reading the Shadowland post on Celedyr, Malmstein must have known about the war against HKB, including the small matter of Bernal's nephew getting eaten. He can't have relished the prospect of making an enemy of him. Has he Willed his entire shareholding to Lofwyr as a precaution, or has he somehow bought Celedyr off? The dragon was always primarily interested in research, not money, after all. A true AAA megacorp would give him a larger R&D sandbox to play in.

Poor old Villiers. From the sounds of it he's right back to square one, stuck with the same three-way factional infighting that tore apart Fuchi. Maybe Celedyr's thinking of Fuchi's breakup and holding back, figuring that an internal war against Malmstein, HKB and Villiers would do more damage to his research than leaving them in control?

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Oct 31 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Puts him in a tight spot doesnt it? Wonder if thats the Big D's doing or just shitty luck :)

+Quote Post
SL James
post Oct 31 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #6

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

He made his decision. Now he has to live with it.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 31 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

QUOTE (Vhyserad)
Richard Villiers and Celedyr don't seem like a match made in heaven either way...

But "Heaven" is such a boring read. Now "Hell on Earth", there is an interesting bit. Celedyr trying to pull the strings on Richard Villiers [and family]? I hope he tries because I'll be there munching popcorn waiting for the strings to yank back and take off an talon or two. 8)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #8

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

BTW, I was just reading this section last night. Anyone know who "Neurosis" is/was? I can't recall the names that Eliohann went by, and don't have anything handy to look it up with. Celedyr's response to his "death" makes me wonder how much he knew, or if he was just willing to experiment. Maybe remembering some events from Seattle 12 minute matrix 'crash' in '60?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 1 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #9

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I'm pretty sure that Neurosis was Eliohann's Matrix handle.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 1 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #10

Dragon

<oops>

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #11

Uncle Fisty

THat's what I was checking. I remember that Eliohann had some other wierd names, although I dont remember if they're in DoSW or not. Didn't he end up w/ multiple personalities or some such? Which, if it is Eliohann/Neurosiss, leads to an interesting possibility. Technomancer dragon. yikes. Anyone got a book handy to check?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 1 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #12

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

As far as I know, he ended up dead. I think that any possible Technomancer angle is secondary to that little fact. ;)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #13

Uncle Fisty

I mention it because a lot of other people didn't respond right away, because they were stuck in the system. If he was "maintain[ed] on life support" then he ain't dead. *mentally pictures dragon with huge oxygen tubes in his nostrils*.

Besides, if it is Eliohann, then I doubt they'd kill him off. Still has lots of potential as a plot device.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 1 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #14

Dragon

He ain't dead, and he doesn't seem to be a Technomancer in any sense of the core book rules. Although Emergence is likely to shed some light on this. It wouldn't surprise me to find a silver dragon icon pop up in that book.

+Quote Post
fool
post Nov 1 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

Celedyr is just devoting all his time to his new music show thats all. :D

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #16

Uncle Fisty

he doesn't seem to be a Technomancer in any sense of the core book rules

Has there been something written about him since SF that I missed?

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 1 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

No but I think it can be inferred that he (Eliohann) is paling around with Alice Haeffner female decker who was killed in the crash of 39' (i think that was the date) and is no the premeir ghost in the machine. That paragraph in SF talked about someone fading into the picture and it's her for sure.

Eliohann has to be my favorate dragon because he was flawed. Dragon Hunt (the adventure) and all the other reports of him showed that.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #18

Uncle Fisty

Part of his flaw was just his youth. He was young and got caught. Then got messed with. What interests me the most about him was his potential.

I never really cared for the Dragon hunt run. Came across to me as a bit of a tail chaser.

+Quote Post
Draconis
post Nov 1 2006, 02:31 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,607

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Part of his flaw was just his youth. He was young and got caught. Then got messed with. What interests me the most about him was his potential.

I never really cared for the Dragon hunt run. Came across to me as a bit of a tail chaser.

Go young dragons. :D

Tail chasing isn't fun? I'm sure he'll be around.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 1 2006, 02:36 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Vhyserad @ Oct 30 2006, 03:05 PM)

But "Heaven" is such a boring read. Now "Hell on Earth", there is an interesting bit. Celedyr trying to pull the strings on Richard Villiers [and family]? I hope he tries because I'll be there munching popcorn waiting for the strings to yank back and take off an talon or two. 8)

Eliohann has to be helping Celedyr (he's young enough to have Celedyr "sire" him a bit more). So when Celedyr makes his move ill be watching too. Probably one of the more exciting developments that could come is Celedyr butting heads with HBK, or even worse S-K.

Save some popcorn for me to I got the booze and soda

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 1 2006, 03:06 AM
Post #21

Uncle Fisty

Cool, I have popcorn, and I'm fresh out of booze and soda.

Now about this whole "living in a differnet state thing"...

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 1 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #22

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Just get in your car and drive to meet him... wait, USA... really huge piece of land. Well. Come to Europe then. :D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:35 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.