IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Gang Creation, What should I cover?
Dark Scrier
post Nov 10 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,052

What kind of information would be pertinent when creating a gang for the Players to be a member of. I've got a few chunks of information noted, but it's all subject to change.

I've got a slight theme, two possibilities for a name, and a leader and bodyguard with basic personalities and names.

What other things should I be coming up with for a gang?

Also, I'm pretty sure one of the books I've got lying around from 3rd or 4th ed has a guide to this stuff, but I can't for the life of me locate it. Anyone got a book/page ref?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Nov 10 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #2

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

I don't recall an out and out "guide" for it OTOH, but New Seattle has writeups on the gangs of Seattle. That should give you plenty to go on as far as what needs to be covered, at least to the point that the canon gangs are covered.

Really though, you've got most of it. Name(s), leader(s), theme. Now you need territory, size, and "what they do" on a regular basis.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 10 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #3

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I seem to recall some info on running a Gang-style campaign back in SR3's Shadowrun Companion, but I can't be sure.

+Quote Post
2bit
post Nov 10 2006, 03:03 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,526

Yes, definitely the SR companion. back in the alternate campaigns section with doc wagon and lone star...

Some other things you should be coming up with are where is the gang's turf, their size, whether theyre a street gang or go-gang, what affiliations they have, what businesses theyre involved in, and what their tag looks like.

+Quote Post
Dark Scrier
post Nov 10 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,052

Ahh, a tag. Good call, hadn't thought of that one. It's probably going to be an RFID tag though, since it's a 4th ed game.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Nov 10 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

Look at the politics within the gang. They'll be relatively undisciplined compared to other groups, so interpersonal loyalties and conflicts will be far more relevent than a more professional group.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:35 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.