Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun CCG
whitezero
post Nov 11 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,538

does anyone still play the shadowrun CCG or think they may want too? i recently started using the ccg workshop gatling engine progam, which is awsome and has dozens of cardgames for free to play Shadowrun, Decipher star wars, Shadowfist, Rage, doomtrooper, mythos, doomtown and many more and id liek to play the shadowrun ccg but can never get a game going...if anyone wants to set up a game or something pm me but you should all check the ccgworkshop gatling engine out regardless as i am having a blast jsut building doomtown decks and looking at old out of print ccgs!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Nov 11 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

I play it. It's pretty neat, though it has some balance issues (*cough*False Mentor*cough*) and a number of cards that aren't very useful due to the low card-count (anything that requires specific affiliations, for example—there aren't going to be many cards meeting that requirement).

~J

+Quote Post
adamu
post Nov 13 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #3

Snakehandler

Member No.: 8,508

Hey, I love the False Mentor card. Can't use it to win the game, have to trash it after first time you play it, costs Y6, and heck - it doesn't slaughter whole teams - a well-placed Green Apple can do that....

Yes, I will admit I am one of the people that considered it a crime against humanity and a personal tragedy that the second series never was published, and still harbor totally unrealistic fantasies about a huge resurgence of SR so that there will be a re-release of the card game!

Unfortunately, I fear I am far too computer-illiterate to attempt any sort of online play.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 13 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Linkage for those so inclined to check it out.

+Quote Post
whitezero
post Nov 13 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #5

Target

fortuen do you actualy use ccg workshop?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 14 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

I've downloaded it a couple of times in the past, but never actually gotten around to playing any games through it. I intend to check it out again soon, as I wouldn't mind playing either Shadowrun or Doomtown.

+Quote Post
whitezero
post Nov 14 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #7

Target

fortune i love doomtown and have been building alot of kansas city style decks but moreso i would really like to learn how to play the shadowrun ccg drop me a pm if you are interested in agame!

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 14 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

I'll definitely do that when I get a chance to play with it a bit. :)

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Nov 14 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 9,168

Like I need another addiction, esp. one that's free....

Curse you all.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Nov 14 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #10

Manus Celer Dei

Looks like they properly support >2-player games. If you end up organizing something, drop me a line.

~J

+Quote Post
whitezero
post Nov 14 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #11

Target

anyone who wants to play shadowrun please send me a PM i need to learn how to play but i amdying to do so!

+Quote Post
ronin3338
post Nov 15 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,307

Chalk me up as a fan of the CCG.

Underworld didn't add much, and I'm very disappointed that the corp expansion didn't get out before it died.

What I loved most was that it wasn't about killing the other player (like Magic) but about putting together a team to accomplish goals.

I miss it lots... and yes, I would still play if anyone around had cards... and time... and knew the rules... and had time.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Nov 15 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #13

Manus Celer Dei

As a two-player game, I found it lacking. Either one player took an overwhelming lead or the game stalemated in a situation where anyone to attempt a run would have their team intercepted and slaughtered by the other team (even if they dealt out similar damage), and where putting obstacles on objectives ended up screwing you over unless you'd already intercepted at that objective.

Once you start adding players, though, I found it to be extremely fun. Four player games are quite enjoyable.

ronin3338: you forgot corrupt managers (or whatever they were called). Underworld added both a use for the Elven Hitman and a counter to Famespam.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.