IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Infusion Focus (a la SOTA64) in SR4?, Where'd they go?
Syd
post Dec 4 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,269

So one of my players was pining over some of the 'new' adept powers in Street Magic, arguing that he should retroactively be allowed to swap some of his powers out for Street Magic powers--the argument being that they are inline with his character concept, the book wasn't out when the character was made, etc. etc. Doing such a thing doesn't confront me, but I used my encyclopedic Shadowrun (3rd) knowledge to suggest something better...just get an Infusion focus and use up some cash the group's been accumilating.

Only when he looks up the focus rules in Street Magic, he can't find Infusion foci. I double-checked and sure enough, not to be found. Was this omission intentional for game-balance reasons, or were they left out for more pedestrian reasons?

If they are left out, has anyone had problems just letting them into their SR4 games with the SOTA64 rules (Force = 2x Power Points, Karma and money cost = Spell Category Focus, if I recall)?

(Apologies if this has been asked--I searched and couldn't find a relevant discussion)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Dec 5 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Mystery Archaeologist

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,760

There is a discussion of a similar "Adept Focus" in the SR4. this gives straight bonus powers. With the current foci set up an Infusion focus would be one that acted to give bonuses to the infusion metamagic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:07 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.