IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hottest New Mage Sport, Mega Golem Battle!
Cheops
post Dec 8 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

Has anyone had their players or had NPCs use the vessel rules from Street Magic? Despite my bitching about magic on other threads I actually find this kinda cool.

Instead of duelling each other directly I could see magicians fighting each other through proxy. I actually ran a game once where the group was in Haiti and they came across a place where Voudouns fought each other using Loa (it was in SR3) to possess themselves. Now you can actually construct golems to do the fighting instead.

The other cool thing you could do is recreate the War Zone of Parlainth using captured free spirits as generals. So long as you can find ways to keep them in or bound to an area you just set up some aerial platforms and charge rich clients money to watch or even direct the "armies." Sort of the ultimate miniatures gaming. In Parlainth they actually had betting on the results of the wars.

Of course the section also gave me the ugly D&D dungeon thought of Corporate Security. I can see the penthouse hallway having enchanted "statues" to help protect the local bigwig. Imagine a poorly planned run encountering 6 stone homonculi. Force 6 costs 6000 plus probably 40 refined or 20 radical reagents plus the wage for the mage. Certainly doable for the more magically inclined corps like Wuxing or a Great Dragon's lair. 12 body is not pretty...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slump
post Dec 9 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,492

Heh, reminds me of Diablo. Did any here ever do golem boxing?

In the first Diablo game, if two people summoned a golem, they would immediatly drop everything and fight each other. So it was kinda popular to just do that and see which golem would win.

In Diablo 2 you could ally yourselves, and golems didn't automatically drop everything to kill another golem.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 9 2006, 01:20 AM
Post #3

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...hmmm Rock 'Em Sock Em Golems the 2070 magic equivalent of BattleBots.

Would love to see Vlad the Impailer (the winningest bot on BB) redux.

+Quote Post
Big D
post Dec 9 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,455

I thought Biohazard was the winningest bot... about the only time it ever lost was in the controversial judges' call against Whyachi, and it really should have had an easy win if it hadn't let up mid-round.

At any rate, I'm all for golem battles. Break out pika-pika-Lina-chan!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.