Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minor errors with initiative?, one for spirits, one for drones
kerbarian
post Dec 25 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,387

These aren't a big deal, but I just wanted to see if I'm missing anything, or if perhaps there were changes to the BBB (I have first printing) that didn't make it into the errata.

The current errata changes the Reaction of a materialized air spirit to F+4 (from Fx4), and it's intuition is F, yet the errata also states that its corrected initiative should be (Fx2)+3. Shouldn't it be (Fx2)+4?

The description of drone initiative on p.239 says that "Like other programs, the Pilot drone-brain acts at fast digital speeds. Drones are hampered, however, by their physical shells, and so act slightly slower." It then goes on to state that drone initiative is Pilot + Response with +2 IP, which is exactly what agents/IC get. Is the descriptive text about them being slower just misleading?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Dec 26 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

don't agents get +1 to their initiative stat?

+Quote Post
kerbarian
post Dec 26 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,387

QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 25 2006, 05:57 PM)
don't agents get +1 to their initiative stat?

I don't see that mentioned anywhere. p.230 just says "Agents, IC, and sprites have an initiative equal to Pilot + Response. Because they act at digital speeds, they receive two extra Initiative Passes (three total)."

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 26 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

im suspecting that some of the fluff is written before the rules where finalized...

all in all, rules trump (i think thats the word) fluff if they don't match...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.