Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hv Weaponary, Reduced damage code and power
Lilt
post Aug 18 2003, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,032

Would anybody consider it particularily imbalanced to allow a HV-capability weapon with a base power rating higher than 6? It has always been a nitpick of mine that the standard HV weapons have a damage code lower than the base code for the type of weapon. Anyone else agree with me?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Aug 18 2003, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

The only time it's likely to matter is against harderend armor. Otherwise, that power 24 full auto burst is very similar to one at 26 or 28, statisticly.

+Quote Post
The Surgeon
post Aug 18 2003, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 5,058

I wouldn't allow it if I were a GM.

The lower power is the trade-off for the rate of fire. And bullets in HV weapons are lighter than bullets used in other weapons, so allowing a power rating higher than 6 is a no-no, in my opinion.

The only way I'd even consider allowing it would be to either lower the ammo capacity or give the weapon a greater chance of breaking in combat.

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Aug 18 2003, 04:11 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

All the HV MGs I have seen are squad support weapons.

Perhaps a 9m HV built as a HMG, IE tripod & vehicle mount only.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.