Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hans Brackhaus
Bashfull
post Feb 6 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,374

I know there is some conjecture that Hans Brackhaus is Lofwyr. I was thinking of converting the mini-run from the SR3 rules to do with my group, and wondered if anyone had SR4 numbers for Hans. Also, is there any artwork for him? He may start to take a personal, if very distant, interest in my little team so artwork would be good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Feb 6 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

If he is, in fact, Lofwyr, there won't be stats for him, and he won't need them.

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Feb 6 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Do you think he's Lofwyr, Mike? Should I leave it a mystery?

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Feb 6 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #4

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

IIRC, there is direct mention that "Hans Brackhaus" is simply the common German version of "Mr. Johnson". It's just a cover name, used by lots of people. I can't remember the exact book ATM though.

(That's not to say that nobody important has ever used the name.)

+Quote Post
Bashfull
post Feb 6 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Brackhaus appears in two novels, I believe: Dead Air and Worlds without End. The SR3 Quick Start rules say the Brackhaus works directly for Lofwyr. His driver wears a lapel pin saying Saeder Krupp Prime. Brackhaus wears a dragon head lapel pin (the SK logo is a dragon head, so it may be that or an artistic variation).

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Feb 6 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #6

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (eidolon)
IIRC, there is direct mention that "Hans Brackhaus" is simply the common German version of "Mr. Johnson". It's just a cover name, used by lots of people. I can't remember the exact book ATM though.

The german version of "Mr. J." is "Herr Schmidt".

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Feb 6 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,856

QUOTE (eidolon @ Feb 6 2007, 12:58 PM)
IIRC, there is direct mention that "Hans Brackhaus" is simply the common German version of "Mr. Johnson".  It's just a cover name, used by lots of people.  I can't remember the exact book ATM though.

I believe this was in MJLBB, I'll have to see however...

I recall reading somewhere that SK used that name for many MR. J's. I guess that means that it may also be in Corp Download... But if I remember to check when I get back to my Rating 5 SR Library I'll check in MJLBB first.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Feb 6 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #8

ghostrider

QUOTE (Demerzel @ Feb 6 2007, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Feb 6 2007, 12:58 PM)
IIRC, there is direct mention that "Hans Brackhaus" is simply the common German version of "Mr. Johnson".  It's just a cover name, used by lots of people.  I can't remember the exact book ATM though.

I believe this was in MJLBB, I'll have to see however...

I recall reading somewhere that SK used that name for many MR. J's. I guess that means that it may also be in Corp Download... But if I remember to check when I get back to my Rating 5 SR Library I'll check in MJLBB first.

I think you're right.

I would check too, but my library is currently in stacks with stacks of stuff on them. It'd be a major project to read any of them right now.

But the new bookshelves, they will be done this weekend (I hope...actually I can't remember which coat of poly we're on). And then, through sheer accessibility, the rating might climb. ;)

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Feb 7 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #9

Running Target

I guess I passed my research test:

QUOTE (MrJ’s LBB p.12 Boxed Text)
Saeder-Krupp Johnsons often used the name Hans Brackhaus, for example, though this has become so well known in the shadows that it is effectively meaningless.  A few Johnsons have distinctive street names that they use to build their own reputations.  Outside the UCAS, the common moniker often changes: Herr Schmidt in Germany, Kowalski in Poland and so on.

+Quote Post
Trigger
post Feb 7 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 10,215

QUOTE (Bashfull)
Brackhaus appears in two novels, I believe: Dead Air and Worlds without End. The SR3 Quick Start rules say the Brackhaus works directly for Lofwyr. His driver wears a lapel pin saying Saeder Krupp Prime. Brackhaus wears a dragon head lapel pin (the SK logo is a dragon head, so it may be that or an artistic variation).

Also in the novel Ragnarok. There he is a Johnson for SK as well.

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Feb 7 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

As an aside, Hans Brackhaus first is mention in a rulebook/ sourcebook in Corperate Shadowfiles

However as Demerzel pointed out, the name is so common in the shadows as to be meaningless. To the point infact that other Corperations have used it to make runners think (If only breifly) that they are working for Seader Krupp.

Hans Brackhaus is a Johnson, with the stats given in the rules book modified by the race you have made him.

They have not even given Stats to Scale, a known drake of Lofwyr.

+Quote Post
Naysayer
post Feb 7 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,326

Didn't they instead just say that, no matter how good the runners are, Scale simply is "better" and "unbeatable", a comon, understandable but still very obnoxious thing to to with NPCs that aren't Great Dragons, or Great Ghost Dances, or whatever...

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Feb 7 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #13

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

QUOTE (Demerzel)
I guess I passed my research test:

QUOTE (MrJ’s LBB p.12 Boxed Text)
Saeder-Krupp Johnsons often used the name Hans Brackhaus, for example, though this has become so well known in the shadows that it is effectively meaningless.  A few Johnsons have distinctive street names that they use to build their own reputations.  Outside the UCAS, the common moniker often changes: Herr Schmidt in Germany, Kowalski in Poland and so on.

..."Doktor Nowaks" in Austria...(SoE)

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Feb 7 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #14

ghostrider

Good find, Demerzel. I had mixed the Hans part with Germany. Forgot it was a specific corp. :oops:

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Feb 7 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #15

Running Target

Good luck with those new bookshelves. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:55 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.