Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Staging up static effects?, Simple rule question
JesterX
post Feb 15 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

How can static effects (like a monowire fence or gamascopolamine) stage up to a greater damage code?

Where in the 3rd ed. rulebook is it explained?

Must I do an opposed test of "force" vs. body and stage up with every two successes?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 15 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

They can't, IIRC. If you want to do it anyway, you might consider emulating the explosives rules—roll 1/2 Power in dice, TN 4, stage up for every two successes.

~J

+Quote Post
JesterX
post Feb 15 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,390

Is there a rule in the 4th edition that covers this a little better?

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 15 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
They can't, IIRC. If you want to do it anyway, you might consider emulating the explosives rules—roll 1/2 Power in dice, TN 4, stage up for every two successes.

~J

Echo this.

Without using this rule, everything that has the most minute chance of killing you needs a deadly damage code, and you end up with things like 2D damage, which is usually but not always stupid.

As for 4th edition, I don't know of one, but I also see no reason why you couldn't use basically the same rule. Roll dice equal to DV or half DV (intuitively, I think I'd recommend the former), add hits to base DV for final damage, stage down normally.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 15 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Not the most minute chance—just anything whose chance is larger than that representable by a botch on the resistance test.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.