IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Wireless World, It's racing to get here early.
ShadowDragon8685
post Feb 20 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...00.html?cnn=yes

This is just... Awesome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turtle
post Feb 20 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,072

Yeah...nothing new there...but what's so awesome about it? :please: I mean, seriously...I don't plan to be part of a worldwide wireless network. If I want to meet up with my friends, I know how to contact them and ask them if they have time, and if I want to be left in bloody peace, I want just that.

Anybody remember Max Headroom, where it was a criminal offense to have an Off switch on your TV? Makes me wonder when it will become "socially unacceptable" not to be connected 24/7. :|

+Quote Post
BlueRondo
post Feb 20 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,286

I remember seeing a CNN story about how the Japanese weren't really excited for the iPhone because their cellphones already do so much more. They can use their cellphones to wirelessly pay for train tickets, items at the store...it reminded me exactly of the commlink.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.