Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anti detection spells spell
Pendaric
post Feb 20 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,047

Someone posted a thread on this before, but I can not find it. For the sake of completeness and because am bored here is a cloaking spell,

Cloak
Type Target Duration Range Drain
illusion 5 Sust. T/A (m)

Cloak adds half the casters successes (round down with a maximum bonus equal to force) to the TN's of any detection spells scanning within the cloaked area. Cloak guard a dome magic attribute radius wide and high from the target of the spell.

I believe I pointed out that dispelling dice also counter detection spells but as both analyze magic and spell shield/wall exists it seems churlish not to have a old fashioned anti scrying spell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 20 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

basically a target-specific mana static spell.

+Quote Post
Pendaric
post Feb 20 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,047

Erm more of a target specific spell wall spell. yeh

+Quote Post
zephir
post Feb 22 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 2,723

Wouldn't the existing Spell Shield (probably mistranslated) spell suffice?

+Quote Post
jrpigman
post Feb 22 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 9,810

IIRC spell shield is a single user version of spell wall. Spell wall is a dome, magic attribute in diameter.

Basically, this would lower the drain code substantially(as opposed to using spell wall), as it targets specifically detection spells, but it would only work on detection spells. With the lowered drain, you could get it at a pretty wicked force without having to worry too much.

If you're really paranoid about being detected magically, this would be a good spell to design. Check MITS for specifics on spell design. Personally, I use spell wall because it has more utility and even a force 4 spell (max +4 to TNs) makes getting any decent spell off nasty. YMMV.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 05:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.