Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dual Citizenship, SINner quality
WhiskeyMac
post Mar 25 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,789

So the BBB mentions that dual citizenship does happen with a SIN, although rare. What I was wondering is if a character was willing to subjegate himself to such a penalty, should they be allowed to take the SINner quality at 10 BP, suffering only the standard 5 BP rules, but in 2 jurisdictions (i.e. UCAS/Ares)?

I don't have a problem with it since they are limiting themselves in the way of mobility, but I just wanted to know how others on this board felt about it. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Mar 25 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

I don't think it's a good idea. Getting more than one identity is not bad ( even though they are more or less identical). Thus I don't think it's near as bad as a criminal SIN, as all governments and corps can track that one SIN anyhow, it doesen't make it easier to track two.

+Quote Post
Jack Kain
post Mar 25 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,630

I agree with FriendoftheDork,
Nothing much to say, except that a really cleaver player can make the SIN negative quality an advantage.

+Quote Post
TheOOB
post Mar 26 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 10,749

Thats why SINner is only worth 5 BP, most 5 BP negative qualities pose very little hinderance to the player.

+Quote Post
azrael_ven
post Mar 26 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 10,417

I am going to have to agree with everyone else here. In fact he would still have the same SIN, it would just be registered with multiple entities.

+Quote Post
fool
post Mar 26 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

Nothing much to say, except that a really cleaver player can make the SIN negative quality an advantage.

I actually had a layer who took this quality and then got rather upset that he could turn it to an advantage not because he didn't like the advantage but because it reduced teh suspension of disbelief.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.