Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elementals - Noob Question, Duration, Force & Services
Mystweaver
post Mar 30 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,383

Just a quickie... though a bit of a noob question... even though I have been playing 3rd ed SR for years, its been a LONG time since I have played a mage and conjured elementals. Soo... my question:

If I conjure a force 8 elemental and I have Conjuring 6, Willpower 6 and Charisma 5 do I take 4S or 8S drain - also is the drain physical or stun?

Thanks,

Myst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 30 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

No one can answer the last part of your question, because you've left off your Magic rating. You take 8S, since Power = Force and the elemental's Force is greater than your Charisma but less than 1.5 of it.

~J

+Quote Post
Mystweaver
post Mar 30 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

ops. Magic rating 6

As for power i was not sure if you half the power like you do with spells (seemed a bit silly if you did though)

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 30 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

It's going to be Physical. You might want to just review the Conjuring section, it's pretty short and will clear up these sorts of questions.

~J

+Quote Post
Mystweaver
post Mar 30 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

I did a little but with a brief review I couldnt spot about whether it was physical or stun (as the specifies only Stun).

Thanks for the quick replies though :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 30 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Spirits follow the rule (Force > Magic) <-> Physical Drain, similar to other drain codes (though with spells it's only (Force > Magic) -> Physical Drain). This is spelled out, IIRC, on the page right after the table giving the drain damage level.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.