Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Checking for Interest, Hey, I have a few too
bofh
post Mar 30 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,065

While I'm not what I'd call a collector (not looking for perfect bindings, and saving in acid free mylar bags and such), I am only missing two 3rd Edition books and I have several others I don't need if anyone's interested. I bought a couple of e-bay package deals to get some I was looking for, so I have some extras.

7105 - Paranormal Animals of North America - Very good, little back cover corner bend
7109 - Shadowbeat - Very good, some very slight wear

7204 - Germany Sourcebook - Very good, little front cover corner bend
7208 - The Neo-Anarchists' Guide to Real Life - Very good
7210 - Target: Matrix - Very good
7210 - Target: Matrix - Very good
7211 - Tir Na Nog - Very good, slight wear

7330 - Corporate Punishment - Very good
7325 - Missions - Very good

7903 - The Grimoire - Very good
7904 - Virtual Realities 2.0 - Very good
7909 - Matrix - Very good

10657 - New Seattle - fair-good condition, bend on the spine (like someone sat on the book or something)
10664 - State of the Art: 2063 - Very good

As I said, they're all in pretty good shape and complete inside. I note condition only for the folks who are interested since it's subjective of course :) I'll supply any scans/digital pics if you ask.

I'm looking for

25009 - New Seattle
10663 - Men & Machine: Cyberware

I'm tempted to get the pdf for New Seattle since I'd like a current version for the game I'm trying to get together now. I have 25001 M&M so it's really just to complete the "collection" :)

Thanks in advance.

Carl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bofh
post Mar 30 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Oh, and if anyone happens to have the ISBN for these two, that'd be a big help in my search.

Carl

+Quote Post
Darkest Angel
post Mar 30 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,062

The ISBN for 7126 M+M is 1-55560-363-7 if that helps?

+Quote Post
bofh
post Mar 30 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Darkest Angel)
The ISBN for 7126 M+M is 1-55560-363-7 if that helps?

Thanks but no. I have that one already :) I had most of the 1/2 ed books before I went off to do other things. When I got started in it again, I picked up the 3rd ed books and the rest of the 2nd ed books, mostly because of package e-bay deals which is why I have extras. I have the extra New Seattle one because I didn't have the right ISBN for 25009 which is why I'm looking for those if I can't find the books. I have the 4th ed ones now as well. Still reading up on it so I'm not sure which direction I'll go in.

Thanks for the help though :)

Carl

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 30 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I'd be interested in a couple depending on price. I'll PM you.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Mar 31 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #6

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Where did you get the publisher numbers? For someone who isn't a collector you seem to be looking for a couple of very rare books because I couldn't locate where you came up with those numbers.

Anyway, I would guess your 25009 New Seattle number is a mistake as that places it between 25007 Shadows of Asia and 25014 System Failure which is real late in the production run for SR3. Many of those missing numbers were for planned third edition books that got scrapped due to the publication of SR4. The only explanation I can think of for this number is a reprint of 10657 that has sold out, but I think 10657 is already a FanPro edition so I do not see them changing the number for a reprint.

Also, your number for M&M seems incorrect as the official site gives this information:
Man and Machine 
Product ID: 25001
Print Price: $24.99
     (eBook Price: $19)
Pages: 160
ISBN-10: 1-932564-07-1

I hope this helps.

[edit] BattleCorps Lists a few more numbers for FanPro reprints of FASA 3rd edition books, but still no 25009 for New Seattle. Their's is 10657, too. [/edit]

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 31 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #7

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

My PDF with the WizKids/FanPro logos on the cover says 10657.

~J

+Quote Post
bofh
post Mar 31 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (tisoz)
Where did you get the publisher numbers? For someone who isn't a collector you seem to be looking for a couple of very rare books because I couldn't locate where you came up with those numbers.

Anyway, I would guess your 25009 New Seattle number is a mistake as that places it between 25007 Shadows of Asia and 25014 System Failure which is real late in the production run for SR3. Many of those missing numbers were for planned third edition books that got scrapped due to the publication of SR4. The only explanation I can think of for this number is a reprint of 10657 that has sold out, but I think 10657 is already a FanPro edition so I do not see them changing the number for a reprint.

Also, your number for M&M seems incorrect as the official site gives this information:
Man and Machine 

I hope this helps.

[edit] BattleCorps Lists a few more numbers for FanPro reprints of FASA 3rd edition books, but still no 25009 for New Seattle. Their's is 10657, too. [/edit]

That's why I clarified above. I'm not a collector in the way I think of them. Collecting and saving in an airless room or something. Most of the stock numbers I got were from here including info on the books that weren't printed. Other sites included the wikipedia and a site with reviews and such of the 1st and 2nd edition books (can't find the link right now). I just compiled them in to my list to make it complete as I stumbled upon them. I also updated the lists on rpg.net. Part of finding the lists and filling out the lists on the 6th world wiki and rpg.net's index game me a complete list of all the publications related to Shadowrun.

It's one of those things that sort of snowballs. I listed my books on rpg.net with an intention of selling the game stuff I don't use any more (like 2nd ed D&D, Megatraveller, etc). I found other folks lists on the 'net and updated mine. I updated rpg.net's Shadowrun list and added theirs to my list. I found 3rd ed books on ebay which due to them being bundles filled in parts of my "collection" and ultimately I look up and I have almost a complete set of books. The FASA 3rd edition BBB was one of those bundles. I really didn't expect to get it and only bid to get the two magazines and the 3rd Ed rule book. Luck of the bid I guess.

As it is, I started out as just looking for the 3rd Ed books. Many of the comments here suggested it was the best edition to run. As I got to the point where I only needed a few books to complete the list, I figured I should at least try to find the last few. Over the past few months I've kept my eye out and am now only a couple books away from a complete "collection". I fully intend on using them in my games (another reason I don't think of myself as a "collector").

Then I'm reading threads here and find out the novels are good background material for the adventures and sourcebooks. I have several of the earlier books already so I went and picked up the rest.

I guess all of this means that I am collecting the books and such, but in an effort to have a complete game setting. When I ran D&D many years ago, I created my own setting so all the history and inner workings of my campaign were well known. I'm effectively running in someone else's world now so I think it behooves me to have as much knowledge about it as I can in order to run a good game.

For example, in 2053 Seattle, Renraku's financial auditor is Sato. A member of security is Alice Crenshaw. A well known prime runner is Hart. She's an elf that typically has Tessian the feathered dragon as an assistant. Some of the runners in Seattle that might be available are Dodger, Ghost Who Walks Inside aka Ghost Maker and an Ork named Kham. A drink that's available is Fizzygoo. Another Seattle company is United Oil.

In a Seattle run for example, I can introduce well known folks as "random encounters" and already have a good understanding on how they'll respond to a situation and still maintain continuity.

One of my intentions for my web site was to create a character database for similar situations. Where folks (like you) can retrieve known runners for background in games. You'd also input your own characters along with a brief history. Then others can use your characters as background and maybe even allow little updates to your characters as they encounter other runners.

I don't know. I don't think of myself as a collector. Other opinions may differ. I hope it's not a problem :) I just like to be complete.

(And I drive them nuts here at work as I dissect how things are running and create documentation. I don't like working on my systems without all the information.)

Thanks for the info. Hope I didn't bore you with my message :)

Carl

+Quote Post
bofh
post Mar 31 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (tisoz @ Mar 30 2007, 10:07 PM)
Man and Machine 

I hope this helps.

Yep, I have 25001. The older reprint of Fasa's M&M has a stock number of 10663. If you check here, you can see that even though he's selling 25001, the displayed cover is 10663 which seems to tell me that 10663 was printed at one time and may now just be out of print. I extrapolated the possible ISBN because the Fanpro reprints used the last three of the stock number in the ISBN. So stock 10663 would be 3-89064-663-8 again assuming FanPro used this with this book since they used ISBN 1-932564-14-4 (for instance) on some of the reprints.

It's possible that the New Seattle (25009) may not have been printed, having been dropped as the other 10 series books were dropped for 25 series and a couple of 25s were dropped for 4th edition. But they had the information since there's a PDF and it's a very popular book. It seems odd that they wouldn't publish it after all that. Also, FanPro shows the PDF is 25009 but it's using the ISBN of FASA's book for the ISBN10 and within the EAN is the FanPro reprinted 10657's ISBN (the EAN is the ISBN with two additional digits at the beginning).

Hey, I'm a computer geek that likes to document stuff so sluething is in my blood :)

Carl

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Mar 31 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

QUOTE (bofh)
It's possible that the New Seattle (25009) may not have been printed,

I'm pretty confident that FanPro never did a reprint of New Seattle. I think they made tentative plans to, but eliminated those plans when they decided to move to 4th edition.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.