Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knowledge Skills, From A to...
Seven-7
post Apr 5 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,198

This is a rather comprehensive list of Knowledge skills I've seen in printed SR3 books, with a small overlay of SR2 stuff I think. There are a few books I didn't have when I did this perticular project, but none that big. A few even are custom ones (IE. Local Squatter Society, ect.)

Oddly enough the most funny of them are indeed from books.

For example: Lingerie, Shoes, and Pilates. I kid you not.

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adamu
post Apr 7 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #2

Snakehandler

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,508

Dude - that is such a great list.

One of my favorite things to check out in new books is to go to NPC listings and see what people came up with for their knowledge skills - definitely one of the funnest parts of chargen.

But you know what is mostly missing from that awesome list? Financial sorts of stuff. Did you happen to have Divided Assets when you made that list? Some of the characters in there have some really cool and esoteric economic-related skills that go far towards explaining why their corps pay them the big nuyen.

And that stuff is great for shadowrunners to have to - equity analysis, depreciation accounting, macroeconomic trends, consumer behavior analysis.

And my favorite - financial instruments. A lot of the source material talks about ways to get paid besides straight cred, but how many runners would really know what to do with a bearer bond, a CD, or a stock certificate?

Anyway, thank you for a fun read (where do you find the time?).

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Apr 7 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...a few I have used in the past

[ Spoiler ]

My Archaeolgist Margo Grande had Mechanical Traps knowledge, Iconography (Ancient) Legendary Explorers, as well as Flatvid Movies (Adventure).

Antacids Knowledge, that's for the GM when the PCs hose his entire scenario isn't it?

+Quote Post
Seven-7
post Apr 8 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,198

But you know what is mostly missing from that awesome list? Financial sorts of stuff. Did you happen to have Divided Assets when you made that list? Some of the characters in there have some really cool and esoteric economic-related skills that go far towards explaining why their corps pay them the big nuyen.

>>Nope, I've only really got the core books and maybe a few of the source books/location stuff. Never heard of Divided Assets actually.
>Seven-7

Anyway, thank you for a fun read (where do you find the time?).

>>Great, shove the fact that I dont have a life into my face why dont you?! *SOBCRYWHINE* Ok. I'm done.
>Seven-7

+Quote Post
MaxHunter
post Apr 11 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Montevideo, in the elusive shadows of Latin America
Member No.: 7,727

The list is great!!! Wish I had that handy when some players generated their chars!!! Thanks for sharing!

To add to the list: graffitti art

Cheers!!

Max

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.