Reply to this topicStart new topic
> They forgot to crash a car into it, but..., This was a pretty good run
Luddite
post Apr 16 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,195

I think I've run this extraction before.

Roleplaying games must have warped my mind, 'cause I think crimes like this are kinda cool.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Apr 16 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

OMG that's awesome :eek:

+Quote Post
Thane36425
post Apr 16 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,416

Only flaw with that plan is what if the pilot told them to go to hell? I mean, neither of them could fly it, so if they killed him, they were dead too.

This has happened before though, and some prisons have actually set up posts and wires to prevent just this kind of stunt from happening.

+Quote Post
Luddite
post Apr 16 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #4

Target

I'd already sent the link to my players, with the subject line "See, you don't always have to shoot people."

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 16 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Bailing out is perfectly possible, and while risky the pilot's dead no matter what happens.

~J

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Apr 16 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Hmm, tear gas. Having just played JA2 last night, my first thought was "how humane."

My second mental image was of a team of Shadowrunners hahazardly spraying minigun fire from the helicopter across the yard and smoking their retreat with white phosphorous.

+Quote Post
Thane36425
post Apr 16 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,416

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Bailing out is perfectly possible, and while risky the pilot's dead no matter what happens.

~J

That's the thing: the pilot has no way of knowing if they are going to kill him at the end of the "mission" anyway. He probably could have "accidently" clipped the walls in the yard and crashed the helo. He said it was a tight fit in the first place so it would have been easy to do. Sure he might have died, but like I said, he had no way to know if they were really going to kill him or not.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Apr 17 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Thane36425)
Only flaw with that plan is what if the pilot told them to go to hell? I mean, neither of them could fly it, so if they killed him, they were dead too.

He always runs the risk that they decide to find another helicopter pilot, and shoot him.

+Quote Post
Luddite
post Apr 17 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #9

Target

Or that one of them can fly the 'copter, and are just offering him an opportunity to be useful and not get shot.

Also, whatever the chances of survival are with an unskilled pilot attempting to land an unfamiliar helicopter are, they're almost certainly better than the chances of surviving a point blank gunshot to the temple. Especially when the shooter can try again if you don't seem sufficiently perforated.

While a particularly daring, foolhardy, or angry person might be tempted to purposefully crash the copter on the way into the prison yard it would probably be a really awful thing to do, what with the flying pieces of helicopter zinging around a yard full of guards and prisoners. I mean, yes, you would have prevented a prison break, but the body count would probably be pretty impressive.

Good insurance for the pilot would be to bring them to about ten feet from the ground, then tell them to jump. They really couldn't afford to shoot him at that low altitude.

+Quote Post
MadHamish
post Apr 19 2007, 02:57 AM
Post #10

Target

From: Boise, Idaho: A future focal point of Sixth World interests.
Member No.: 11,267

QUOTE (Thane36425 @ Apr 16 2007, 02:02 PM)
Only flaw with that plan is what if the pilot told them to go to hell?

In that scenario you just pray the pilot is terrified enough that they don't think of that. On the other hand, the rest of this sounds so professional that one of them probably knew how to fly. And the dude having escaped from prison on at least two occasions already? He must be the French equivalent of Micheal Scofield from Prison Break.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Apr 19 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #11

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

The pilot could have jumped out of the helo when they touched down in the prison. Would probably not be hard to get lost in the tear gas.

Then again, nobody really know how they'll react to a gun in the face til it happens.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.