Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Electric Sheep Project
Fix-it
post Apr 17 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Creating a god with his own hands

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,364

"the name electric sheep comes from the Philip K. Dick novel... it realizes the collected dream of sleeping computers all over the internal internet. the project is an internal attention internal vortex. it illustrates the internal process of which the longer and closer one studies something, the more detail and structure appears..."

The origins of the Electric Sheep Project are lost to the mists of time. The project in it's present form is one of the most popular distributed computing projects on the planet, gracing the holoprojectors of millions.

The fascinating visuals are popular among everyone, from hipsters to junkies, and are a common centerpiece in bars and other places of gathering.

As the client is free (as in air. Ok, bad example.), it is used on lots of high-end servers that don't wish to pay for expensive corporate visual packages.

The code itself is also open source, although it is extremely convuluted and difficult to understand, it seems to be maintained and improved by a group of deckers, and hosted on a variety of servers.

Ok folks, I came up with several ideas for the "behind the scenes" on this one.
I'm a crap writer, so I'll summarize them for you:

A: Distrbuted computing is an AI, maintained/worshipped by the group that maintains it. pick your own AI, deus, maegra, the ghost of Kurt Kobain...

B: Distributed computing is used as a backdoor/decking assist program. deckers in the "circle" can use hardware running to assist themselves.

C: government mind control, blah blah blah, conspiracy, blah blah blah....

D: ALL OF THE ABOVE.

This would work on SR3 or 4. B would be more of a benny in 4. come up with your own motivations, supporting characters, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Apr 17 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Ooooooohhh. I get to load spyware on purpose! Cool!

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 17 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Wow, man. I finally clicked on that link and a Google ad at the bottom was trying to sell me sheep placenta.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post May 17 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

ads? get thee adblock plus, sir.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post May 17 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

I can't install any software as the best internet connection I can use and which I use most frequently is a terminal.

Securi-owned!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 03:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.