Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Street Racer Rigger
djinni
post Apr 24 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,934

Here's my first take on the rigger that drives the fastest thing on wheels (see previous thread)...

edit: changed skills(corrected), left Edges and flaws

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

My advice:

The Aptitude and Daredevil are strong, but if it were me making the character I'd drop one in favour of Exceptional Attribute and Extra Attribute Point (in either Quickness or Intelligence), drop some of the 1/3 skill/specializations and pick them up after chargen, and despecialize Bike out of chargen. Likewise Stealth and possibly Computer—specialization is a lot more valuable, IMO, post-chargen.

~J

+Quote Post
Shev
post Apr 24 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

Three maxed stats? How many BP did you use for this?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

Er? You do realize that 60 build points gets a human a 5-5-5-5-5-5 statline, or a 6-6-6-6-3-3, right? That being equivalent to Attributes A? Three maxed stats is hardly unusual—my Rigger started with four maxed or over-maxed stats.

As it stands, he's got (assuming he didn't go over his linked attribute on any skills) 51 points of skills, 5 points of Dwarfness, 48 points of attributes, and 2 points net spent on edges, leaving an amount for Resources that varies but is reasonable (maybe a little low) whatever it is.

~J

+Quote Post
djinni
post Apr 24 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
leaving an amount for Resources that varies but is reasonable (maybe a little low) whatever it is.

I miscalculated my skills I'll have to drop 6 skill points so I can still have enough nuyen to purchase the cyber and the bike....stupid expensive bike!

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Well, the two B/Rs, as useful as they are, are the cheapest to buy back post-chargen (8 points each for a total of 16 as compared to, say, 30 if you drop Demolitions or Stealth).

~J

+Quote Post
Shev
post Apr 24 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,949

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Er? You do realize that 60 build points gets a human a 5-5-5-5-5-5 statline, or a 6-6-6-6-3-3, right? That being equivalent to Attributes A? Three maxed stats is hardly unusual—my Rigger started with four maxed or over-maxed stats.

As it stands, he's got (assuming he didn't go over his linked attribute on any skills) 51 points of skills, 5 points of Dwarfness, 48 points of attributes, and 2 points net spent on edges, leaving an amount for Resources that varies but is reasonable (maybe a little low) whatever it is.

~J

Except for the fact that the book states that you can only have one stat maxed...is it common to houserule this out?

Or is this using the 3rd edition rules?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #8

Manus Celer Dei

Hah. Yes, 3rd edition. The audience in this subforum is mixed, but primarily 3rd edition—4th edition discussion mostly happens over in the Shadowrun, 4th Edition subforum.

~J

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 24 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #9

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

And here I thought the VCR and the bioindex score would have given that away.

Very few changes, other then not quite enough money. Especally considering a VCR 3 is pretty big bucks.
And checking the numbers, I think your Rigging reaction is off. Im rusty, but... 7+6 is 13.
Also, I like that you have an athletic rigger! A modified Athletics skill of 7, not bad. But no weapon skills what so ever?
However, I as your Gm wouldn't let you take aptitude on your primary skill, it just screams "uber-twink".

+Quote Post
djinni
post Apr 24 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (Lindt)
And here I thought the VCR and the bioindex score would have given that away.

Very few changes, other then not quite enough money. Especally considering a VCR 3 is pretty big bucks.
And checking the numbers, I think your Rigging reaction is off. Im rusty, but... 7+6 is 13.
Also, I like that you have an athletic rigger! A modified Athletics skill of 7, not bad. But no weapon skills what so ever?
However, I as your Gm wouldn't let you take aptitude on your primary skill, it just screams "uber-twink".

Ah yeah I did the calcs in excel and forgot to add a -1 for enhanced articulation.
yeah I never like the riggers who never get out of their vehicles, it doesn't seem realistic to me.
my primary skill is a motorcycle...a 2 wheeled unarmored deathtrap...uber-twink?...you lost me there....

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

QUOTE (Lindt @ Apr 24 2007, 03:06 PM)
However, I as your Gm wouldn't let you take aptitude on your primary skill

So which skill would someone reasonably take Aptitude on? I mean, what's the reason to take such an expensive edge for a non-primary skill (other than for multirole characters whose primary skills aren't available for Aptitude)?

I mean, I personally don't think it's worth the points where he's spending it. YMMV, though.

~J

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 24 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #12

Man In The Machine

"It is strongly recommended that the gamemaster consider carefully before alloying any character to take an aptitude in...."

Auh, its a non-combat skill, eff it, after reading what it had to say, you just bettter have a good reason for this guy to be running in the shadows rather then a world champ superbike racer.

But you still dont know which end of a gun to point at the other guy =p

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #13

Manus Celer Dei

!!!

Yeah, actually, that's a point. Other than ramming people, you have no skilled combat option. You can pick it up post-chargen (like what happened to the low Launch Weapons you had), but you might want to consider picking up a high Gunnery skill out of chargen. I'm not sure where the points would come from, though.

~J

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 24 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #14

Man In The Machine

Plus, ramming on a body 2 bike sucks.
But rest assured he would always make the crash test.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 24 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #15

Manus Celer Dei

It sucks, but not that badly. 12 dice, TN 2, he'd be expecting to reduce the Power by 20 most of the time.

~J

+Quote Post
djinni
post Apr 24 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Yeah, actually, that's a point. Other than ramming people, you have no skilled combat option. You can pick it up post-chargen (like what happened to the low Launch Weapons you had), but you might want to consider picking up a high Gunnery skill out of chargen. I'm not sure where the points would come from, though.

since he is asking for non veteran people I'm hoping he's wanting combat with gangers to be something to fear, rather than a speed bump. I'm going to buy a whole lot of contacts so my asset to the group is who I know not what I know.
I purposely wanted a low combat skill (grenade launcher because of potatoe guns) and a no combat skill is fine as long as I have time to train up, I'm envisioning a "wait you mean I shouldn't hold the gun sideways? but...but it looks so cool! how can it be bad?"
there's really no "good" explaination for not going pro, since you have to be in the right place at the right time for the right person to see you. and he hasn't been.
also charisma 2, people want pretty racers not him. he knows alot of people but they just aren't the right ones. or maybe he doesn't have any desire for stardom, maybe he wants to stay unknown. his life out of the spotlight? just him and his bike under the sky...anytime a GM asks for a "good" explination I always ask why does it have to be "good" why can't it be real? maybe I'll add the dark secret flaw so he'll be forced to remain in the shadows...
but what could the secret be?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.