Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sustaining spells, what is required?
BrandedBandit
post May 4 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,573

i have been under the assumption that you have to maintain line of sight on your spells in order to sustain them, but glancing through the sr4, i didn't see anything about that. it only mentions concentrating on it. was it different in previous editions or am i just missing something? or maybe i'm completely wrong; afterall, how would you maintain los on an invis spell other than through astral?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nocturne
post May 4 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 11,557

Nope, IIRC once you cast the spell you can maintain it across any distance whatsoever, no LOS required. Other factors may cause you to lose concentration, but LOS isn't one of them.

+Quote Post
nathanross
post May 5 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,845

Also remember that when a sustained spell passes through a ward, it has to make an opposed test of Force x 2 against the Ward's Force x 2.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.