Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Implanted Comlink Stats
WearzManySkins
post May 12 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,440

I am seeking the basic stats for a implanted comlink.

I see the stats for the non implanted comlinks and how to upgrade the stats for those, but I am unable to locate what an implanted comlink has for stats, so I know where to begin the upgrades.

I have searched in the forums here but I an only able to search for one word at a time, the list of hits is very long.

TIA

WearzManySkinz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Squinky
post May 12 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Pretty sure that when you buy the option of implanted commlink, you still have to purchase your normal commlink that will go in that slot.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post May 12 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #3

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...that's the way I see it, The Implant cost would basically be for the various interfaces for the commlink (e.g. Routers, memory, neural transducer, etc.) and the surgery for implanting the device itself.

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post May 12 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

QUOTE (Squinky)
Pretty sure that when you buy the option of implanted commlink, you still have to purchase your normal commlink that will go in that slot.

So you are saying that a character has to pay to get a implanted comlink then pay the costs of a comlink like say a Fairlight Caliban so the costs would be 2k for the implant then 8k for the Fairlight.

The total costs is 10k with out software and/or upgrades.

Rereading thru the gear list this seems to be the case.

One less thing to carry around since it is implanted.

Thanks

WearzManySkins

+Quote Post
WhiskeyMac
post May 12 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,789

Yes, with the implanted commlink you basically pay 2k on top of whatever commlink you choose to buy to have implanted.

I would suggest the Novatech Airware with the Novatech Navi OS. It gives you the most bang for your buck. Only 2750 :nuyen: for 3 Response, Signal and Firewall and then 4 System (which is cheaper than if you make a custom commlink with the same stats). Then just upgrade up to 5 Response/Signal and 6 Firewall/System, and it's a lot cheaper than buying the Fairlight Caliban straight out of the box. If your GM lets you adjust price to "sell back" the old stats when you upgrade, then it gets even cheaper.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.