Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Adventures, Freebies from Gen Con 2006
Aaron
post Jun 17 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

I've added three adventures to my Shadowrun Resources page. They're one-shots I wrote for Gen Con 2006, and since they're not being used this year, I figured they might be of some use to somebody.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 17 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,737

Ping Time isn't loading; I'm getting a 404 error.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 17 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (bibliophile20)
Ping Time isn't loading; I'm getting a 404 error.

That's because I'm dumb. It's fixed now.

+Quote Post
Crusufix
post Jun 18 2007, 08:05 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 10,351

Born to die looks really good.
Very good actually.

I think I'll run this before part 2 of the SR Missions.

I really like the horror feel for it... reminds me of the Haunted Hotel chapter in the video game Vampire: The Masquerade.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 18 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Thank you.

Although one part I wrote before the rulings on manifesting were made, so part of it's a bit broken. I'll be fixing it Real Soon.

EDIT: And by "Real Soon," I apparently meant "this morning." It's fixed and up-to-date.

+Quote Post
Dizzman
post Jun 18 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 11,306

Aaron, born to die looks very good. I have a brand new group of runners (second game), and this would be perfect for them.

Thanks!!!!

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jun 19 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

I'm gonna go ahead and run Born to Die after the second SRmission. Looks sweet. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 19 2007, 03:45 AM
Post #8

Mr. Johnson

Y'know, Squinky, your sig just reminded me of something my adventures have, which is whitespace, and something that they lack, and that's interior art.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Jun 19 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

Heh, It's the least I could do. I plan on using all the adventures on your site :)

I'll Pm you.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 19 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Okay, I just looked over Last Run and Born to Die, very nice indeed.

I just have one question of sorts:
A) What's the program that you used to edit the pdfs from your site (i.e. the security forces and the NPC record sheet) or, B) if you don't use a program and you just edit it in the original file format (whatever that format may be) could you put up said original file format on your site as well? Just for the record sheets; my handwriting is terrible and being able to type up the info for my runs and print it out all nice and neat would be awesome.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 19 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Mr. Johnson

Oh, to get the forms? I used Corel to build the sheets, and to fill them in. I then copy and paste them into a Word or OpenOffice document, whichever I'm using to work on the adventures. If the stat blocks aren't embedded, I'll just print them to PDF and then stitch them together with Acrobat Pro.

I've got the grunt sheet and the NPC sheet on my site as blank forms. Or were you looking for the two-NPC version?

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 19 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #12

Running Target

QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 19 2007, 02:53 PM)
Oh, to get the forms? I used Corel to build the sheets, and to fill them in. I then copy and paste them into a Word or OpenOffice document, whichever I'm using to work on the adventures. If the stat blocks aren't embedded, I'll just print them to PDF and then stitch them together with Acrobat Pro.

I've got the grunt sheet and the NPC sheet on my site as blank forms. Or were you looking for the two-NPC version?

What I was hoping for was a means of having the blank forms that I've already downloaded from your excellent website (as an aside, the cheat sheets? A lifesaver during cons) and being able to add in my own stats and then print them up, as opposed to having to print up the blank forms and then filling them in by hand.

So, looking at your stated process, would it be too much to ask to have the blank forms in either .doc or .odt format up on your site as well?

+Quote Post
Crusufix
post Jun 19 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Target

ANother quick question for Aaron as well.

I was looking at the 4up version of the cheat sheet.. and I'm confused as to how to get them to print 4up.

I'm assuming that it's on 3 pages, with 4 of the cheat sheet on each page.. .But right now the PDF file is 12 pages. 1 cheat sheet per page.

What's an easy method of getting it to print 4 up.. unless I'm completely missing the point?

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 20 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #14

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (bibliophile20)
What I was hoping for was a means of having the blank forms that I've already downloaded from your excellent website (as an aside, the cheat sheets? A lifesaver during cons) and being able to add in my own stats and then print them up, as opposed to having to print up the blank forms and then filling them in by hand.

So, looking at your stated process, would it be too much to ask to have the blank forms in either .doc or .odt format up on your site as well?

Ah. Got it.

Acrobat claims to be able to make forms one can fill in. I've futzed around with it a bit, but it's been a low priority for me since nobody seemed to care. Now that somebody cares, I'll sit down and figure it out, and post fillable sheets.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 20 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #15

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (Crusufix)

I was looking at the 4up version of the cheat sheet.. and I'm confused as to how to get them to print 4up.

I'm assuming that it's on 3 pages, with 4 of the cheat sheet on each page.. .But right now the PDF file is 12 pages. 1 cheat sheet per page.

What's an easy method of getting it to print 4 up.. unless I'm completely missing the point?

Acrobat gets cranky about my fonts when I try to build a PDF that's already 4-up. What you have to do is go into your printer settings when you print the file. There's a setting for four pages per sheet (usually under Page or Finishing or some such).

+Quote Post
Crusufix
post Jun 20 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #16

Target

QUOTE (Aaron)
QUOTE (Crusufix @ Jun 19 2007, 05:31 PM)

Acrobat gets cranky about my fonts when I try to build a PDF that's already 4-up. What you have to do is go into your printer settings when you print the file. There's a setting for four pages per sheet (usually under Page or Finishing or some such).

Aha! Yes.. there it is.. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Thanks a lot for your help.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 20 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #17

Running Target

QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 19 2007, 08:35 PM)
Ah. Got it.

Acrobat claims to be able to make forms one can fill in. I've futzed around with it a bit, but it's been a low priority for me since nobody seemed to care. Now that somebody cares, I'll sit down and figure it out, and post fillable sheets.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

+Quote Post
Crusufix
post Jun 20 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #18

Target

Sweet! I discovered booklet printing in there as well!

Now I have all the cheat sheets printed off in a little folded paper booklet style with staples in the middle holding it all together.. it's pretty sweet.

Easy access to all the cheat sheets right there as one little booklet.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jun 20 2007, 02:30 AM
Post #19

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Aaron)

You can do printable fillable files. Savable fillable files require an extra-cost plug in. A several hundred thousand dollar plug-in. No, I'm not kidding.

Otherwise you need acrobat pro or some of the assorted knockoffs. Some of the knockoffs are pretty cheap and pretty darn good. There are also web services that will do this for you for like $25 bucks or if you know someone who works for the IRS. . .

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 20 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #20

Running Target

QUOTE (kzt)
QUOTE (Aaron)

You can do printable fillable files. Savable fillable files require an extra-cost plug in. A several hundred thousand dollar plug-in. No, I'm not kidding.

Otherwise you need acrobat pro or some of the assorted knockoffs. Some of the knockoffs are pretty cheap and pretty darn good. There are also web services that will do this for you for like $25 bucks or if you know someone who works for the IRS. . .

:eek:

Perhaps just the .doc files then?

+Quote Post
Ravor
post Jun 20 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #21

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Member No.: 8,361

I just wanted to drop in and say that I liked the adventures Aaron and plan on running them with a few minor tweaks (Although I'll wait until after the characters get into trouble with a major player before taking them through Last Run so the session can end with the Runners losing their entire share in exchange for their lives. :vegm: )

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jun 20 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #22

Mr. Johnson

Currently working on the form version. It'll take a bit; I've got to add every single bloody little entry thing manually.

Also, it's not a .doc file. It's a .cdr file.

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Jun 20 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #23

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (kzt)
QUOTE (Aaron)

I have acrobat pro at work. If I have a fillable document I can edit the permissions to make it a saveable fillable document, then re-save it, so then anyone can use it as a saveable fillable document.
It wouldn't be illegal for me to do that, would it? I can't see how. Provided I have the permission of the original fillable document author, of course.

I just don't know how to make a fillable document in the first place.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jun 20 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
I have acrobat pro at work. If I have a fillable document I can edit the permissions to make it a saveable fillable document, then re-save it, so then anyone can use it as a saveable fillable document.
It wouldn't be illegal for me to do that, would it? I can't see how. Provided I have the permission of the original fillable document author, of course.

No, it wouldn't be illegal. But you need your company to have bought the Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions or be using acrobat pro version 8. The bit about pro version 8 being able to make fillable and savable forms was news to me.

I've tried to edit PDF forms using pro 7x and it's really pretty awful, because the actual internal format isn't a PDF, it's in some sort of intermediate format that gets converted to a PDF on saving. Without that intermediate file it has to be reconverted, which blows the formating up. I fond it was easier to use some third party tools that directly edited the PDF. Nitro IIRC.

There are services that will make forms saveable for you.

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Jun 20 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #25

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

I have version 8. I have successfully taken a fillable non-savable form (a shadowrun character sheet, in fact) and resaved it as a savable, fillable form, and then filled and saved it using only acrobat reader on another computer.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:10 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.