post Jun 23 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #1

Midnight Toker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,456

Inside Out
Manipulation
Physical, LOS, Sustained, F/2+1

Inside out turns its target inside out without causing any other damage. If cast on a container, the contents of the container will remain inside the container. If cast on a container, the contents of the container will remain in place on the new "inside" Thus, it cannot be used for safecracking. If cast on a living being, its skin will slip around, with its dermis exchanging places with its epidermis and its bones will be outside of its inside-out skin, though perfectly held together by the target's fully intact muscles and connective tissues. Oddly, this does not cause any damage or compromise the target's mobility. It does, however, negate and natural or implanted armor that the target may have and doubles all wound penalties. When the magician stops sustaining the spell the target returns to normal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Jun 23 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,226

Ew, Ew, Ew, Gross.

So your a hardened Mercenary. You have seen some truly horrific things,
the likes of which we can only hope to never imagine. What disturbs your sleep the most?
The application of the above spell on my buddy in a mosquito infested swamp.
And what did you do?
Ran screaming like a little girl.

+Quote Post
ShieldT
post Jun 25 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,836

Use in on one-way mirrors :)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jun 25 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #4

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

I'm not exactly sure what it would do to a one-way mirror. It wouldn't flip the mirror around, it would turn it inside-out. I would imagine that it would have no effect on a 2-dimensional pane of glass because it doesn't actually have an inside or an outside.

The intent was for a primarily cosmetic effect, with some interesting potential uses.
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/574/

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jun 25 2007, 05:43 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
The intent was for a primarily cosmetic effect, with some interesting potential uses.
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/574/

funnily enough, that's what I thought of when I saw this--then again, it's not a concept one sees often, and it is rather memorable.

And you forgot one other effect--the eyes, ears and other sense organs are now on the inside, so the target can't see, hear or sense anything.

And a called shot to the head of the target would be... messy.

That being said, I wouldn't allow this spell in my game.

+Quote Post
Abbandon
post Jun 25 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,716

I'd allow it but not with those affects. It would be a harmful physical manipulation spell where stuff is violently contorted and twisted causing damage. Anything other than a one hit kill would just cause sections of a person to become warped or twisted which they could heal from.

A one hit kill would have the desired effect of totally flipping stuff around at which point the target is dead.

Doing it to get around stuff like dermal plates and bones is cheap.

On another note I would be totally fine with an illusion version of the spell that causes fear or panic or distraction.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.