Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Storyline submittals and critiques., cant hold it in any longer
Abbandon
post Jun 28 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,716

Ok my brain is about to burst. I've been thinking about running some games on here but I know i'd probably suck at it so I just have to write out some of my idea's and get a release. Feel free to take them or critique them.

-Three Strikes.

Three strikes is based off the movies XXX. A really cool criminal guy gets caught and faces his third strike which means he gets put aay for life. However this bad ass secret government agency offers him the chance to work for him since he has so many great skills and the right look/reputation to work in the criminal world.

I was going to have around 3 or more players all in this game running individually with no cross over except they all work for the government/corp guy. Opportunity for any and all types of missions and growth

-Manhunt

Manhunt is based off the video game by Rockstar for the ps2. The player who should basically have a good guy background gets kidnapped, cybered to shit(delta grade, including a sim rig), and then turned loose in the middle of a barrens unconscience. All the surrounding gangs in the area will be told that if they kill this guy they will get a very large sum of money. The guy wakes up to find out that he is immedeately being attacked by an individual and when he gos to defend hmself he obviously learns about alot of his new cyber and also receives a message saying that if he can make it out of the barrens or possable retrieve something from somewhere inside the barrens he will make a very large sum of money. The guy will suffer from memory loss and not really know about his past life. He will be told that everyone will be out to kill him becaus if they do then they get the money.

The reason behind all this is just to create a really kick ass snuff film with he guy who was kidnapped just an unwilling actor. How will it feel to be the hunted, how will it feel to be the hunter?? This game to is basically for individuals although you can run several individuals at once.

Once the main part of the story is over it could go anywhere. Individuals teaming up just to do shadowy stuff or hooking up and becoming high end soldiers or stayng as individuals and doing whatever.

-Ghost Sqaud

Crime and suffering is rampant. KE or LS gets tapped to create a special unit that is allowed under new laws to actively hunt down and eliminate targets that plague society. This could open with individual players acting as police officers or maybe even ace recruits doing extraordinary things in the line of duty. Then they all get brought together and form ghost sqaud. Then its all about kicking the holy hell out of criminals with extreme prejudice.

This is a group effort and could go either way. Maybe all the targets they have been eliminating have really been helping a new power build and solidify a base of operations and they find out about it and have to fight the people they had worked for. Maybe after a long run they return a sense of security to their city and get moved to another problem spot. Maybe they turn dirty themselves and start doing things for their own benefit.

- Unknown Title

I thought it would be cool to have a game where the group all revolves around playing some online game. First person shooter, martial arts, racing, not really swords and magic but i cant prevent it. The game would center around that group playing online all the time against other people(maybe there could actually be two groups of players). I havent fleshed out the rest of the idea. I dont know if the group does shadowy stuff in the matrix together or maybe they can do whatever they want individually or in whatever groups they want(it would be cool if shadow team-mates were matrix rivals and never knew it) This idea conforms the least with shadowrun's normal goals of get money, get stronger. Its more like a reality tv show hehe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats all. Do any of those sound interesting or do all my idea's suck? I didnt want to talk about them in case I got off my butt and decided to run them but that probably want happen for a while so i'd rather talk about them hehe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Jun 28 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #2

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Ghost Squad is actually a Death Squad. You should have it start off as them picking off legitimate targets, the big bad guys, that seem rightous and a great idea, but then slowly degenerate into the team killing people that should have had a fair trial, people that are merely undesireable... unconfirmed criminals, the SINless, those that can't defend themselves, and maybe a Rights Activist trying to stop the team, but that as been flagged as a nuisance and a criminal. See how the players deal with the downward spiral of morality they have helped create, and then give them a chance to switch sides and right the wrong they have created.

+Quote Post
coolgrafix
post Jun 28 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,116

Your ideas are crap. There, I said it. =)

+Quote Post
Gargs454
post Jun 28 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 9,490

I like all your ideas except for the last one, but then that's just me. Ghost squad seems to have the most potential for ongoing fun since there are so many roads you can go down with it. I particularly like the idea of having them start off by taking out legit targets and then slowly expanding the scope of their killings.

+Quote Post
ronin3338
post Jun 28 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,307

Three Strikes would make for a good one off game, but access to "secret government gadgets" would throw off balance in a campaign.

Manhunt would be another one off game, or an episode for a small group in a larger campaign.
(Edit: This would probably be best for those nights when only one player shows, but you still want to game... He gets to have his own side adventure)

I think one of the SR3 books had an idea for a campaign like Ghost Squad, maybe Cannon Companion?

Overall, they're interesting ideas, but like Gargs454 said, Ghost Squad is best suited for an ongoing game.

+Quote Post
Mister Juan
post Jun 28 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Member No.: 7,129

Mate, if you run Ghost Squad, sign me up ;)
I think you should try your hand at it.

+Quote Post
Nerf'd
post Jun 28 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 12,075

QUOTE (Mister Juan)

QFT. That campaign sounds like a hell of a ride - and if it doesn't degenerate into a huge munchkin-fest.

Actually, this might be the only time it's really appropriate to totally break a character.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 29 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #8

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (Mister Juan)

Seconded (or thirded. Whatever-ded).Sounds lie ka good premise for a game.

For the others, I agree the first two are more of a one shot scenario, as after a while it would get to be the same old thing. Having played Manhunt, that was my experience with it after a while. The XXX idea might be more fun if more PCs interacted. Like XXXx3 . See how well that title works. Or 3X. :)

The last one could use some more fleshing out, It seems that you want to do a game for a group of hackers, which could be potnentially great, but you don't seem to havea clear idea of what you want to do with it yet. Could be fun though.

+Quote Post
Meriss
post Jun 29 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 11,025

Actually, I'm in a Firewatch campaign in WtS. We've already attracted the ire of a international terrorist. Think you could get your Ghost Squad in gear and take him out? :)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 29 2007, 04:37 AM
Post #10

Uncle Fisty

"take him out" ? Want us to kill your character!? Meriss, you're a giver, you know that? So thoughtful of other people's needs. :D

+Quote Post
PH3NOmenon
post Jun 29 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 8,143

QUOTE (Abbandon)
- Unknown Title

I thought it would be cool to have a game where the group all revolves around playing some online game. First person shooter, martial arts, racing, not really swords and magic but i cant prevent it. The game would center around that group playing online all the time against other people(maybe there could actually be two groups of players). I havent fleshed out the rest of the idea. I dont know if the group does shadowy stuff in the matrix together or maybe they can do whatever they want individually or in whatever groups they want(it would be cool if shadow team-mates were matrix rivals and never knew it) This idea conforms the least with shadowrun's normal goals of get money, get stronger.

(If you happen to be an anime fan, you'll know what i'm talking about.)

I've been toying around with incorporating the storyline of the .//hack series into a storyline for my players. Very loosly mind you, check out this page for more info.

It basically comes down to people in a popular online game going into comas for some reason, coupled with 'personae' that are unable to log off of the game, and forget their previous life as a real human being, essencially becoming NPCs with 'ingame' powers above and beyond what's expected and allowed in the game world.

In the SR world you can have your players participate in the game world, each character archetype can have something to contribute into solving the mystery surrounding these comas. From legwork to intimidation of CEOs to hacking into the game itself to boost up your character, plenty of fun to be had.

Sounds like something you'd like to read up on. Enjoy.

+Quote Post
Meriss
post Jun 29 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 11,025

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
"take him out" ? Want us to kill your character!? Meriss, you're a giver, you know that? So thoughtful of other people's needs. :D

No I want you to kill the terrorist fist. Honestly, some people. :please:

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jun 30 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #13

Uncle Fisty

You're no fun. :P

+Quote Post
Abbandon
post Jun 30 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,716

Ph3n I love .hack in all its forms. I played a mmorpg for around 5 years. I own the .hack//sign cartoons, the 4th video game in the original series and GU Vol2. And I have been watching whatever the new cartoon is called although i have missed a bunch of episodes since they only come on at 4AM saturday morning lol.

It certainly translats very well to shadowrun and the matrix, even more so because in .hack they still use goggles and a controller to play, i guess that would be the AR version. You could go VR and totally be in the game like the way they portray it.

Like i said though i didnt want the matrix activity to center around your normal sword and magic routine like WoW, or Everquest. Using shadowrun to play dungeon and dragon is a bit bogus to me. But using it to play something like Need For Speed or Halo/Counter-Strike would be awesome. I'd want whatever the game is to take real skills like piloting, or gunnery, or firearms, or unarmed combat. I would be really torn trying to decide between an FPS, a racing game, or a fighting game.

If you go off the deep end you could maybe have a game about pirates on sailing ships andyou use gunnery to try and obliterate the enemy ship an unarmed/bladed combat to fight crew to crew or captain vs captain. Another off the deep end type game might be like twisted metal or mad max like where you have cars and you have guns mounted on cars and your goal is to reach a finish line or bethe last one standing hehe.

But yeah otherwise I like your .hck idea hehehe. Cant wait for GU vol 3 to drop.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.