Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TM, Hacker trouble
domino10
post Jul 10 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,417

right i am a hacker/drone rigger normally i am only a drone rigger but our hacker has just now become our GM so i've taken on that role too, and i was wandering how it is that i can protect myself from TM's and Hackers who can send themselves like an e-mail without me detecting it so that they can get under my firewall.

it is really frustrating as whilst they are in and undetected they can see and hear everything through my cyberware and then interfere with our missions and stuff????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Magus
post Jul 10 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,644

High Firewall stat and analyze analyze analyze. Agent loaded with it and a high Black Hammer program.

+Quote Post
domino10
post Jul 10 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 9,417

sounds like a plan thanks

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Jul 10 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #4

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Can't underestimate a good Agent or three, all of them constantly Analyzing, with orders to drop the Hammer and dispense indiscriminate justice on anything that's not you.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Jul 10 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

Having that work well may require you to up the system ratings in your most critical drones. Normally they're rating 3.

Note that you can increase firewall higher than other ratings. Per the FAQ it isn't limited to system/response like other programs.

In fact in SR missions you see things like drones that are rating 3 everything except firewall 5 or 6.

Also note that generally you can remove at least user level access. This makes the drones harder to hack on the fly. And unless your on a stackout people won't have time to probe them.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jul 10 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #6

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

@SD: That pretty much sums up the security strategy of my mage (who has a cybercom-link).

Upping the system ratings is not necessary - the agents can run on a/the comlink, so their max. rating depends on the comlink, and while they do use the response of the node they are on, you´ll lose max. 2 dice. Run a few more agents instead to compensate.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.