Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A detailed SR4 campaign?
Hyde
post Jul 13 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,607

A friend of mine would like to start gm'ing SR4, but he doesn't have enough time (or motivation) to actually create a campaign by himself. He read Emergence, but it's not immediately playable...
He wants something more detailed, maybe not as detailed as an adventure like 'On the Run' but still something he can use without spending too much time preparing it, like he can read it then play it just after
Anything would be good for him, providing it has some kind of metaplot and is not too much street level.
Does it even exist for SR4??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jul 13 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Have you looked into the Shadowrun Missions campaign? They're free downloads at shadowrunrpg.com the_dunner (et. al.) can correct me if I'm wrong but there are about 20 missions in the campaign, but I'm not sure all of them are available at this time. One is released per month.

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Jul 13 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Right now 16 are up and ready and 17 should be up soon as it this months release.

As to how many there will be I'll leave that to Dunner to say as I don't know if he wants the info out there.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Jul 13 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Shadowrunners can be many things, and what they want to be heavily influences what kind of metaplot or missions you'll be subjected to. Do you see yourselves as:
  • Mercenaries pursuing a military contract to ultimately steer the fate of a nation or region
  • Political agitators attempting to defeat and/or undermine groups opposed to your ideals
  • Thieves out to commit the greatest heists
  • Assassins willing to take down the powerful for the right fee
  • Trouble shooters out to stop various problems and monsters as they show up
  • Freelancers who will do anything for enough cred
  • Gangsters who want a piece for themselves and a piece for the family
  • Security personel who are out to solve crimes and lay down the law

Once you know the answer to that question, and the answer to the next question of "where is your team?" Then you can get a metaplot going. I find it usually writes itself.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Jul 13 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

QUOTE (Casazil)
Right now 16 are up and ready and 17 should be up soon as it this months release.

As to how many there will be I'll leave that to Dunner to say as I don't know if he wants the info out there.

Yeah, I don't know how many there will be; I just new there were a bunch available.

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Jul 14 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #6

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Well I know what Dunner said was the total but as I said I am not sure he wants that info out there so that's why I said I'd leave it to him to say how many there are going to be. :grinbig:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:56 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.