Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Planitronics Penetration, OOC thread
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,070

Welcome to the Planitronics Penetration OOC thread.
I’d like to lay out the ground rules for posting in the IC thread now. As it seems to be an accepted format, we shall use this:
<Stolen from Meriss>
"Speech"" [cyan] This is standard speech
<Coms (spoken)> [yellow]I'll be using this for phone calls and stuff from the Matrix.
<Coms (subvocal)> [violet]We may be using this, then again we may not.
Written [black] Letters and stuff.
Thoughts [darkkhaki] [italics] What do you think?
Memories [lightgrey] [italics] What do you remember?
Spirits [red] [italics]This is for when spirits are speaking to you, be afraid when this happens.
Place, Time [orange][bold] I'll be using this to set the scene. You use it if your scene is different from my time.
  • Rolls post to a spoiler
  • No sigs in IC thread please.
  • Use bold for character names, including NPC’s.
  • Let’s try to keep a soft ‘R’ for language – all SR ‘euphemisms’ are allowed, as well as today’s language if you don’t know or choose to use SR’s – but don’t go overboard. If your character constantly “cusses like a sailorâ€? a good alternative would be “bleeping no-good son-of-a-bleep…â€? – as gamers we all have fertile imaginations, we’ll get the point.
  • “Officialâ€? posts due Tuesdays
  • I really hate micro-managers, so please don’t make me hate myself.
  • Let’s have fun and have a good run
:D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 02:32 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Act I, Scene I
Seattle ‘plex – Friday, Oct. 10, 2070

The Fixer calls:

Jean Benson – a human with a heart of stone, pure business with you. You are merely means to an end for her. She is cold, ruthless and oddly, fair – in her own way.

When the J. contacted her she looked through her contacts for her Prime ‘runners and found:

Nothing

All the Prime ‘runners are laying low, out of the country, or in the hospital.

So, she digs deeper – You have done a few jobs for her, haven’t screwed up or gotten yourself dead, so she decides to take a calculated risk.

Of course, when she contacts you, all business-like as usual; she won’t tip you to this.

She will tell you that the J. is a very valuable client, with a rep of being willing to give repeat business to ‘runners that perform well, and, if she loses him, you will lose her.

She gives you the run-down:
"He needs some people to do some B&E work at a secure facility. He says the facility is secured by matrix, magic and mundane means, and the data he needs is off-line."
She stresses that if you doubt your abilities she can find someone else.

This is your big chance.

If you accept she tells you the meet is Saturday, Oct. 11, at the Five Kings restaurant, downtown, at 11:00 sharp – dress sharp, pack legit and light, if at all, and ask for the Thompson luncheon.

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Jul 25 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #3

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Do the team members know each other?

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Jul 25 2007, 03:26 AM
Post #4

Man Behind the Curtain

Second question: To me, an Ares Pred in a concealed holster with a CCW is light and legit. Is it to you?

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Jul 25 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Belfast is still pretty new in the Seattle scene. At most he may have been on one or two runs with a few of the members. But if someone wants to have previous experience and Thomas is groovy with it, feel free to assume as much. Just let me know so I don't look like a tool in my own post. XD

Oh, and shame on you Thomas for using cyan instead of yellow for a comm call. I shall mock you now. Mock! Mock!

+Quote Post
Scope_47
post Jul 25 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,175

Scope's been in Seattle a while, but she's been running with a fairly specific sort of crowd until lately. Ditto on what Doc Funkenstein said though, if someone wants previous experience with Scope and Thomas is alright with it, just let me know first :)

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Jul 25 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Man Behind the Curtain

Rock is born and raised Seattle. Puyallup Barrens to be precise, though he spent some time in the Downtown scene. He's better known around the Puyallup Crime Mall.

@Thomas
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jul 25 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #8

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,326

Willow's been in the plex for a while now, but isn't born and raised here bringing over a heap of history from Hong Kong.

Home base would be around the International District, so if you spend time down there you might have heard of her... or maybe not :)

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Questions, questions, questions…

@Redjack:
  • It’s possible that some or all of you know each other in a professional setting. You have, after all, worked for Ms. Benson before. Some <cough>Scope<cough> are more likely to work solo, where as others <cough>Gyre<cough> have skills that are valuable in a wider range of situations. I’ll leave the choice up to you all – I just don’t expect any of you to be bosom buddies.
  • I think the Ares Predator is a Heavy Pistol – Light Pistols, Hold Outs, and Tasers are what I consider ‘light’. Feel free to bring whatever you want – the staff at the restaurant have procedures, and ‘Star is just a Panic Button away…

@Doctor Funkenstein – Mocking the GM <scribbles something on Belfast’s character sheet> Yeah, ya got me, failing to follow my own rules.

@All – If you all feel it’s appropriate for your characters to know each other it’s ok with me. Talk it out amongst yourselves and react accordingly at the meet.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

@Redjack – Since you called Prince, I assume you want a concealed carry license, not a weapon. A rating 4 for the Predator – rush job – will cost 460 nuyen and take 8 hours. (Yes, I am taking into account his Loyalty.) I also assume you will give him the information needed, SIN to link license to, etc. If you want something other than a rating 4, multiply the price by 15% and figure ((rating)*2hours) for time. Let me know what you get.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

A note about ‘grit’ in my little corner of the metaverse.
Grit is not just the stuff you try to avoid breathing, it’s not the stuff that collects on the windows of your pathetic doss – until the acid rain etches crazy, wavy lines through it. It is more a feel – something you live with every day.
Especially in the lower security areas – take for example a ‘D’ zone: although the gangers don’t mug every passer-by, expect chipheads, drug dealers, and meat merchants (both ‘pleasure’ and ‘edible’ types) to tempt you with their wares. ‘C’ zones are slightly better, gangs are fewer and more interested in their rep with other gangs, the aforementioned merchants don’t paw at the ‘tourists’ but are content to stay in their stalls.
Even the corp wageslaves have their grit to bear.
Although in ‘B’ and higher rated areas you might get through the night without hearing a single gunshot there’s still a chance you may fall due to some random violence. Even in the ‘AAA’ zones, there’s a chance that some ‘runner team will screw the run – and you become a <dead> innocent bystander.
Even top-of-the-food-chain corp Exec’s have their problems – Dragons; and Dragons have ‘things’ to worry about too.
It has been said before, and it’s true, “It’s not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about, it’s the one addressed ‘to whom it may concern’.�
Welcome to the Shadows, chummer…

+Quote Post
Scope_47
post Jul 25 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

@Thomas - Two questions...
First, quick rules question... how do you want us to do dice rolls? Dice bot, real dice, or something else? If real dice, do you want the results in any particular order?

Second, where in the Emergence timeline are we? I wanted to know so I know how much about TMs is IC for character reactions reasons in case it comes up. Afterall, there is a big difference between "Ok, a technomancer..." and "OMFG, its a fraggin' Otaku!" :)

{ Sarcasm } And Scope, work alone? Never :D { /Sarcasm }

- Scope_47

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

@Scope_47 - The fairest way to do rolls would be to use InvisibleCastle posting the results and the link to the roll in your spoiler. I really don’t have a problem with you using whatever system you are comfortable with – if you cheat, you only cheat yourself, and if I suspect that you are cheating – well, let’s just say that I run the world, Great Dragons tremble at the mention of my… Oh, sorry – megalomaniac mode off – but I can adjust NPC’s and target numbers on the fly…
On the subject of Technomancers, perhaps Tarantula could enlighten us. I admit that I’ve been too cheap to buy Emergence yet – my personal opinion: Technomancers are people with unexplained powers. A technomancer would look like you or me and, as long as s/he appeared to be using a commlink, probably wouldn’t rate a second glance. Reaction to a TM who was ‘exposed’, as it were, would vary. After all, magic has been around for over two decades and there are still people who are disturbed by it – some actively hate it. Others research it and/or use it as part of their day-to-day job.

+Quote Post
Scope_47
post Jul 25 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

@Thomas
Ok, thanks for the link. I used it to roll for starting :nuyen: just so I could make sure I knew how it worked... so, is the following format correct?

[ Spoiler ]

Or if I was doing, say, a visual perception test:

[ Spoiler ]

Those formats acceptable, or is there one you prefer?

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Either of those formats work for me:
They give me the essential information – what you are rolling for; and, the results of the roll.

If you wanted to use the InvisibleCastle with link you could so this:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Jul 25 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #16

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Thomas @ Jul 25 2007, 07:34 AM)
@Doctor Funkenstein – Mocking the GM <scribbles something on Belfast’s character sheet> Yeah, ya got me, failing to follow my own rules.

<"accidently" spills some coffee on that specific bit of scribbling as he wanders by>

@All – If you all feel it’s appropriate for your characters to know each other it’s ok with me. Talk it out amongst yourselves and react accordingly at the meet.

So, did anyone want to go this route? I'm just fine with meeting everyone the first time at lunch. I honestly think that's the best way to go since we are all pretty new to gaming with one another, so don't know much about each other's character or playstyle just yet.

InvisibleCastle

Ooh. Cool little site, that. Going to have to use it from now on, I think. Though it seems to be just as easy to cheat using it since you can reroll all you like and just link to the result you like best.

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jul 25 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #17

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,326

Sure you can cheat on invis. castle, however if you use the same "name" over and over it DOES keep a history of the rolls that can be searched :P

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Jul 25 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #18

Immortal Elf

Ooh, even more spiffy. :)

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)

<"accidently" spills some coffee on that specific bit of scribbling as he wanders by>

<pauses briefly from filling in an NPC sheet titled "Lowfyr">
Coffee! Where's mine?

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Jul 25 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #20

Man Behind the Curtain

QUOTE (Thomas)
I assume you want a concealed carry license, not a weapon. A rating 4 for the Predator – rush job – will cost 460 nuyen and take 8 hours.

Exactly want I want. Perfect!

QUOTE (Thomas @ Jul 25 2007, 11:18 AM)
it’s the one addressed ‘to whom it may concern’.�

What a perfect quote!!

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 25 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Garrett Blackthorne played by Saqqara is with us now.

Welcome Saqqara! <muhahaha> :vegm:

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Jul 25 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #22

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Thomas @ Jul 25 2007, 05:11 PM)
<pauses briefly from filling in an NPC sheet titled "Lowfyr">
Coffee! Where's mine?

<just shakes his fist in the air defiantly as he sips HIS new cup of yummy, yummy coffee> You'll rue the day, pal!

'Bout time that slacker got done with her character. I tell ya, some people.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Jul 26 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)

'Bout time that slacker got done with her character. I tell ya, some people.

Now Doc, don't harass the new players, it's not nice.

(Besides, that's my job.)

+Quote Post
Scope_47
post Jul 26 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Thomas)
Either of those formats work for me:

Apparently they didn't work well enough LOL.
The word 'Result' in both of them was a link to the Invisible Castle roll - but I guess that wasn't apparent. From now on I'll put the link as the word 'link' at the end like you did in yours.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Jul 26 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

You just need to add a COLOR tag to the link is all, Scope. The default color is a light cyan which disappears in the off-white background the SPOILER tag uses. :D Just make sure to put the COLOR tag inside the URL tags and you're good to go. Example:

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.