IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR-ish movie recommendation:, Rennaisance (2006)
eidolon
post Aug 1 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #1

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

I just stumbled across this movie yesterday and rented it. I'll probably buy a copy. It's not exactly earth shatteringly good, but it's a fun watch, and there are several cyberpunk- and Shadowrun-esque themes throughout. Eye mods, an E-core (sems to be a sort of detachable commlink), ruthenium polymer suits (very good ones).

It's animated, in sort of a "black and white noir meets Blade Runner visuals" kind of way. Pretty cool.

Here's a link: Rennaisance (2006)
QUOTE (synopsis from imdb)
In 2054, Paris is a labyrinth where all movement is monitored and recorded. Casting a shadow over everything is the city's largest company, Avalon, which insinuates itself into every aspect of contemporary life to sell its primary export -- youth and beauty. In this world of stark contrasts and rigid laws the populace is kept in line and accounted for.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trigger
post Aug 1 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,215

This is a movie I have been recommending to people for a while now, ever since I saw the trailer for it in October of last year. It is made by the same people that did Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly, using the same process of rotoscoping (or painting over the film to give it the unique animated look) although Renaissance uses more CG than the other two have.

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Aug 2 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,798

It was too dark in several spots for me to enjoy all black and white is an ok idea but it needed some light in a few areas.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 2 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #4

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Agree, but a fun watch, nonetheless.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:00 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.