Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Liam O'Conner, Where did he go?
Dizzman
post Aug 7 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,306

I was rereading the old Tir na Nog book for a character history. I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Liam O'Conner after he left to walk the final path?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 7 2007, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

He got there. ;)

I always had the impression that Lady Brane Deigh (sp?) had him offed.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 7 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

He went out... Sort of like Halo Jones.

+Quote Post
Dizzman
post Aug 7 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Target

It sounds so anti-climatic that he just wanders off somewhere after founding a nation. I figured there must be a backstory in some random Shadowrun novel somewhere that I hadn't read.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 7 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

I think it's purposefully anit-climatic. After all, if youd just offed your significant other, in order to set up your own little Behind the Scenes Ruling a Nation court, off of a religion that you basically helped him to make up (again, since the Path of the Wheel was originally made up by the first IEs), would you want to draw a lot of attention to him/her now that he's gone, and you're off his/her coat tails? No, it's much easier to just say that "he(she) has ascended to the Citadel of the Shining Ones, and you can too if you just follow our caste system!"

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 7 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Old Elves Retirement Community, Tampa, Florida, CAS. Or maybe Brane was traditional and sealed him in a tree or a cave.

+Quote Post
Lazarus
post Aug 8 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,542

Atlantis. That's my guess.

+Quote Post
MK Ultra
post Aug 8 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,324

He or some other elf using his name turns up in one of the older novels (Nosferatu I think) IIRC, but I didn´t read it myself.

+Quote Post
Kayos Frawg
post Aug 13 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 4,587

I thought that he was still kicking about, just with a new name. IIRC it was insinuated somewhere that Liam O'Connor was just person he made up to found the elven nation and he's moved on to his next ident. But I can't be sure where I read this, sorry I'll look.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 13 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #10

Uncle Fisty

That sounds more like Ehran and his previous identity.

+Quote Post
Kayos Frawg
post Aug 13 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 4,587

whoops, I thought I might have been getting mixed up. Yeah pretty darn sure it was ehran I was thinking of.

+Quote Post
MITJA3000+
post Aug 13 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,552

QUOTE (Kayos Frawg)
whoops, I thought I might have been getting mixed up. Yeah pretty darn sure it was ehran I was thinking of.

Not a big mistake, considering THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON, or rather, Ehran was Liam. Puts the Aztlan-file in a whole new perspective, EH?

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 13 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #13

Mystery Archaeologist

Ehran was not Liam, they were both active at the same time. Walter Brightwater(I think) was Ehran's previous identity. If they were the same person the Tirs would get on better.

+Quote Post
Dizzman
post Aug 14 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #14

Target

I didn't think Ehran and Liam were the same since both were busy founding their respective nations at the time. Although both have similarities: elves with little prior history, hiding their elfness, and founding nations using already existing rebel movements.

One would have thought Liam was a IE as well, but I can't find any indication of it in the books I have.

+Quote Post
Dizzman
post Aug 14 2007, 06:09 AM
Post #15

Target

The only plausible alter ego for Liam I can think of is Harlequin. He isn't doing anything of note during the founding of Tir Na Nog - and would probably want to counter anything Ehran was doing at the time.

However, nation building doesn't seem like his M.O. Neither does working "under cover", which Liam did while he was pretending to be a human IRA member.

Still, a fun possibility that he helped set up a new elven nation to spite Ehran, got married and then got bored and left.

Anyone know Earthdawn? I know the two elven nations are supposed to be mirrors of the elven nations in Earthdawn. It would be interesting to see if Ehran was allied with one and Harlequin the other.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Aug 14 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #16

Uncle Fisty

Harlequin was a Knight of Shoshara, and then an ambassador to Blood Wood. Mostly just to fuck with Alachia.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 14 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #17

Mystery Archaeologist

Harlequin was a knoght of the Crimson Spire (from Shosara).

The to elven nations the Tir's mimic are Bloodwood (more particularly the elven court) in Tir Na Nog, most notably with the Queen's power and the Paths stuff; and Thera, in the form of Tir Tairngire, it even has the same rule for foreign employees as Thera had (before it became slavery). This of course explains why they hate each other, also at least one Blood elf has switched sides (Aithne Oakforest) though he has now left politics (yeah right).

+Quote Post
MITJA3000+
post Aug 14 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Well, I don't think that the fact that Ehran was busy with Tir Tairngire means that he couldn't have been Liam founding Tir Na Nog at the same time. Maybe he wanted TWO nations instead of one. Better chance of succeeding, right? And if he only did make up one nation, why would he leave it so easily? That's right, even though his project in North America failed, he still had his other nation over in Europe.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 14 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #19

Mystery Archaeologist

Actually Ehran left the Tir to run the DIMR, which he probably saw as a more stable position of power. He also from his comments in Portfolio of a Dragon had something of a change of heart about how to influence the world.

The elf with fingers in both pies is Alachia, who was a prince of Tir Tairngire and had a large influence over Brane Deigh, the Seelie queen of Tir Na Nog.

I personally suspect that Ehran is on of the powers behind the First Govenor of Thera. One of the Heavenheads.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 14 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,342

First governor of Thera ?
In Shadowrun ?
Who ? Where ? When ?

I know i might be totaly off, but i really thought that Shadowrun's Therans where the Black Lodge ... Else, who the hell are they and where do they take their powers from ?

Brane Deigh is probably Alachia's Daughter, who's the father then ?(Who would have the balls to have some fun with Alachia ?)
Harlequin = Liam O'Connor ? maybe, but i'd rather see him as an Unseelie.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 14 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #21

Mystery Archaeologist

The Black Lodge are run by a spirit that came through during the middle ages. Synner has hinted at the spirit being the Outcast one of EDs Great Dragons.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 14 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #22

Great Dragon

No, he was not. Shosara != Sereatha.

The to elven nations the Tir's mimic are Bloodwood (more particularly the elven court) in Tir Na Nog, most notably with the Queen's power and the Paths stuff; and Thera, in the form of Tir Tairngire, it even has the same rule for foreign employees as Thera had (before it became slavery). This of course explains why they hate each other, also at least one Blood elf has switched sides (Aithne Oakforest) though he has now left politics (yeah right).

This is a common misconception. While there exists a strong argument that Tír na nÓg houses the reincarnation of the Elven Court, there is virtually no evidence that Tír Tairngire is the Sixth World equivalent of Shosara.

I know i might be totaly off, but i really thought that Shadowrun's Therans where the Black Lodge ... Else, who the hell are they and where do they take their powers from ?

The standing evidence points against the Black Lodge being descended from the Therans.

Brane Deigh is probably Alachia's Daughter, who's the father then ?(Who would have the balls to have some fun with Alachia ?)

Alachia gets around, but there's no indication that Lady Brane Deigh is her daughter - unlike Jenna Ni'Fairra.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Aug 14 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #23

Mystery Archaeologist

QUOTE (Ancient History)

No, he was not. Shosara != Sereatha.

Sorry may bad, been awhile since I read my ED

QUOTE (Ancient History)

QUOTE (Ophis)

This is a common misconception. While there exists a strong argument that Tír na nÓg houses the reincarnation of the Elven Court, there is virtually no evidence that Tír Tairngire is the Sixth World equivalent of Shosara.

I said Thera!!! Look right there in the bit I typed up there ^^^

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 14 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #24

Great Dragon

Well Tír Tairngire isn't Thera either, so there. :P

+Quote Post
MITJA3000+
post Aug 14 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ancient History)

Alachia gets around, but there's no indication that Lady Brane Deigh is her daughter - unlike Jenna Ni'Fairra.

Ah, I haven't read any of the novels, has it really been stated that Jenna is Alachia's daughter? I always thought that she was Alachia herself. Perhaps you could referate the text for us, your fans? ;)

And while you're at it, did the Elven Court of ED have the same kind of "pixie"-court like Tir Na Nog supposedly has?

Or did you mean that the spirits n stuff that make up the Seelies are actually those of the elves? Yes, I know this is a long shot.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.