Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possession and Cyberware, With the Channeling Metamagic
Cheops
post Aug 11 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

I haven't been able to find any errata or FAQ on this yet but in the rules for Possession it says that you use the spirit's Mental and Special Attributes in place of the target's. Essence and Magic are Special Attributes right? Also, during regular possession it says that the possessing spirit can't use non-passive cyberware or AR/VR but in the Channeling metamagic it says that the mage retains full possession of his mental faculties. So if you are being possessed and have the Channeling metamagic can you still use your cyber and AR?

All of which leads to my next question. If you summon a force 12 spirit and bind it for a long term task and have it possess you does your Magic and Essence then become 12? Finally, this'll really piss the spirit off, but if your Essence is 12 could you then install 5.9 points of cyber and return to your original Magic of 6 but have 5.9 points of cyber?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buster
post Aug 11 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 11,869

Check out my Possession FAQ, it answers all these questions (and is backed up with page numbers and references):

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=18486

The only one I'm not sure about is the cyberware question. Street Magic needs an errata page to get rid of the special attributes line, it's just weird to use the spirit's essence, edge, and magic for the hybrid being. I think you could easily say that you should use the lower of the two just like with mental attributes.

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Aug 12 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

ah...thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:17 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.