Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need an adventure..., and I need it for this evening
Hyde
post Aug 13 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,607

I promised my players that I'll run a game this evening (4 hours from now). And I totally forgot until now...
I need a 3-4 hours adventure, focused mostly on action (they said I ran too many games where they actually had to think before firing) and easily playable (I should not have to read it more than once before beginning the run) :cyber:
Any idea? :D
Thanks ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Aug 13 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #2

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Normally I'd recommend a SR Mission, but the site is down and not available... yet.

+Quote Post
Hyde
post Aug 13 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,607

QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Normally I'd recommend a SR Mission, but the site is down and not available... yet.

Which one? I don't have enough time to read them all... :|

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 13 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (Hyde)
I need a 3-4 hours adventure, focused mostly on action (they said I ran too many games where they actually had to think before firing) and easily playable (I should not have to read it more than once before beginning the run)

Classic stuff:
They are hired to retrieve a corpse, only get an image and a name.
They need to find the morgue (legwork), and once they get there, there has been a shedim breach and everyone on the block is gone brainz (action).

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Aug 13 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #5

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

None of them are super complex scenarios and can are relatively suitable for any group. But the site is not up, though you can try the wayback machine. You can quite easily run through the scenarios and have the players can just shoot everything.

Try this Wayback SR4 Missions

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Aug 13 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Not SR4, but you can simply reduce all stats by 2 and split Quickness and Intelligence.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...&hl=super+ninja

Just use the exact plot of America Ninja 2 without deviation.

Also, you might consider Zero Sum Gain, which isn't designed my excessive violence in mind, but can survive it fairly easily.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Aug 13 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #7

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

I have three on my Shadowrun Resources site. For a pick-up game, I recommend Ping Time.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 13 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #8

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

There are two on my Shadowrun page (first of the links in my sig). Cold Blood is fourth edition, but it's designed as an introductory game so would be a bit weak and low on combat. You can use the general set-up and just stick in some extra opposition. Maybe a rival Shadowrun team running at the same time? Carnival is the other adventure but will probably just result in mass death for any party that attempts to take gun-happy approach to it, though.

+Quote Post
Dizzman
post Aug 13 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 11,306

This adventure was kindly posted here by a fellow dumpshocker, Aaron Pavao, who wrote it. Very good, and doesn't require much prep time. It's SR4 and has a couple of fully designed, kick ass, NPCs.

http://pavao.org/shadowrun/BornToDie.pdf

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 13 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

A drug-crazed gang attacks the runners at home in an attempt to steal their equipment.

A gang of religious zealots attack the team's magician for being of the wrong religion.

Free spirit(s) on the rampage.

Ghoul tribe on the rampage. Including a ghoul shaman.

Terrorists take a mall, bus, school, ladies' room, apartment building, park, or what-have-you hostage. Some PCs are hostages, some are on the outside trying to rescue their captured friends. The police show up or are on the way to offer complications.

Armed robbers take a retail outlet hostage as a variation on the above.

Full conversion cyborg goes mad, goes on the rampage.

Another shadowrun team needs a diversion in the neighborhood, so their hacker spoofs up information that the PCs are terrorists with a car bomb and a political agenda and gives it to the police. Here comes the SWAT team.

Through an organized crime mix-up, the PCs are surprised to be attacked by a mafia hit squad.

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 13 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

Oh, yeah, one more.

A fixer, street gang or pirate crew friendly to the PCs has discovered that a rival gang, crew, shadowrunner or organized crime team will in the next six hours attempt to steal their secret cache of supplies (guns, drugs, vehicles, medical gear, electronics, gold coins, chemtech, whatever). The owner of the cache cannot defend it personally because of insufficient manpower, being out of town, being temporarily incarcerated, or whatever. They contact the PCs to defend it for them.

The cache is hidden in a house, condo, apartment, storage garage, or basement. It has some automated defenses the PCs might trip over - some monowire the owner forgot to warn them about could be fun, or a flashbang grenade. Then of course the thieves show up and shoot it out with the PCs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.